1938 Calm Before The Storm

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
Cantona66

RE: 1938 Calm Before The Storm

Post by Cantona66 »

klink1944

Post by klink1944 »

Hello, Salut,

Is the mod updated for 1.15 ? because i have weird cost for units and i can select three germany in the buy column... Or i missed something ;)
shoelessbivouac

Post by shoelessbivouac »

Does the Strategic Command Community Pack 1.2-Setup Release 1.10 include the latest version of Calm Before The Storm?
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours --R. Bach
shoelessbivouac

Cantona66,

When I chose the early script decision that orders Graziani (HQ) to Abyssinia, instead, Gariboldi (HQ) shows up (at Mogadishu).

Gariboldi is wholly prohibited from commanding any troops in Abyssinia until the small MVSN Brigade arrives a few turns later in the port city of Kismayu.

Graziani - not Gariboldi - should not only arrive at the port city of Mogadishu, but he should also have the ability to command Italian troops already on the battlefield, yes?
wlape3

Post by wlape3 »

Hi Shoelessbivouac,

Which version of 1938 CBTS are you having this issue with? Sounds like an event issue or configuration issue, either of which which should be easy to fix.[:)]

Will
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum
steelwarrior

Post by steelwarrior »

I have big problems to conquer Albania with Italy - any hints? Is this mod only meant to be played with the AXIS or also the Allies?
shoelessbivouac

ORIGINAL: wlape3

Hi Shoelessbivouac,

Which version of 1938 CBTS are you having this issue with? Sounds like an event issue or configuration issue, either of which which should be easy to fix.[:)]

Will
Sorry to be away so long without responding, Will.

As noted above, I downloaded the available community pack, version 1.2, setup release 1.10.

I took your hint and double-checked that the Scripts / Events / Decision 774 correctly shows Graziani as the Italian commander, but having not done extensive editing in previous versions of ST, I do not know how to find the code that has obviously mistaken "Gariboldi" for Graziani. Help? (when you can make time, thanks!)
shoelessbivouac

ORIGINAL: steelwarrior

I have big problems to conquer Albania with Italy - any hints? Is this mod only meant to be played with the AXIS or also the Allies?
Let me try again, over.

Q) Where do I find the version of CBTS? (On the main menu option screen of SC-wwii War in Europe, I am playing version 1.15 ... as already noted, I added the community pack, version 1.2).

Q) How do I edit the decision / event so that Graziani, not Gariboldi, is sent to Abyssinia.

Here's the Decision / Event script:

; Italy
{
#NAME= DE 774 - Italy sends Graziani to North Africa
#POPUP= Italy sends Graziani to North Africa
#IMAGE= graziani.bmp
#SOUND=
#FLAG= 1
#TYPE= 1
#AI= 0
#GV= 1[1,100]
#LINK= 774[0]
#LEVEL= 0
#COUNTRY_ID= 59
#PRIVATE= 0
#TRIGGER= 100
#FULL_RESEARCH= 1
#DISPLAY_TURN= 0
#DATE= 1938/06/01
#FAILSAFE_DATE= 1943/01/01
#DESTINATION_RESOURCE= 176,124
#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 59 [1] [100] [0]
; dummy condition position (always satisfied)
#CONDITION_POSITION= 0,2 [0,0] [0,0] [0] [0]
#UNIT= 0 [5] [0] [Graziani]
}

It looks right, yes? and, yet, Gariboldi keeps showing up without any command ability outside of the late arriving garrison unit.

Thanks for further possible enlightenment.

------------------------------

Started a new game of CBTS.

Graziani starts the game near Mikili (N. Africa)

It's now August 7, 1938.

The Decision just popped up, prompting me to send Graziani either to Abyssinia or to Tripoli.
I chose Tripoli.
Sure enough, Gariboldi arrives in Tripoli.

Was Gariboldi (not Graziani) supposed to begin the game?

A brief tutorial as to how to edit the script unit codes, please. Thanks!
shoelessbivouac

Previous (Battlefront.com) version of CBTS always proved fun, getting an early start on focusing the direction of the Axis buildup towards all out war.

Unfortunately, the version that accompanies the Matrix version of Strategic Command WW2 - War in Europe appears to be a bust.

As the Axis player, I amassed more than 7000 mpp's by February 1939; German research in all available areas are now working on their 2nd and 3rd levels of development (including naval development)! Ditto for the Romanians. Meanwhile, early diplomatic pressure has already persuaded Yugoslavia to join the Axis back in February.

I appreciate all eyes are now on ST World at War, hopefully the next version of CBTS will recapture the greater challenge, hence, balance of Will's previous excellent efforts.
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

ORIGINAL: shoelessbivouac

Let me try again, over.

Q) Where do I find the version of CBTS? (On the main menu option screen of SC-wwii War in Europe, I am playing version 1.15 ... as already noted, I added the community pack, version 1.2).

Q) How do I edit the decision / event so that Graziani, not Gariboldi, is sent to Abyssinia.

Here's the Decision / Event script:

; Italy
{
#NAME= DE 774 - Italy sends Graziani to North Africa
#POPUP= Italy sends Graziani to North Africa
#IMAGE= graziani.bmp
#SOUND=
#FLAG= 1
#TYPE= 1
#AI= 0
#GV= 1[1,100]
#LINK= 774[0]
#LEVEL= 0
#COUNTRY_ID= 59
#PRIVATE= 0
#TRIGGER= 100
#FULL_RESEARCH= 1
#DISPLAY_TURN= 0
#DATE= 1938/06/01
#FAILSAFE_DATE= 1943/01/01
#DESTINATION_RESOURCE= 176,124
#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 59 [1] [100] [0]
; dummy condition position (always satisfied)
#CONDITION_POSITION= 0,2 [0,0] [0,0] [0] [0]
#UNIT= 0 [5] [0] [Graziani]
}

It looks right, yes? and, yet, Gariboldi keeps showing up without any command ability outside of the late arriving garrison unit.

Thanks for further possible enlightenment.

------------------------------

Started a new game of CBTS.

Graziani starts the game near Mikili (N. Africa)

It's now August 7, 1938.

The Decision just popped up, prompting me to send Graziani either to Abyssinia or to Tripoli.
I chose Tripoli.
Sure enough, Gariboldi arrives in Tripoli.

Was Gariboldi (not Graziani) supposed to begin the game?

A brief tutorial as to how to edit the script unit codes, please. Thanks!

Hi

As Graziani is already on the map, the engine will choose another Italian HQ name to deploy via the script shown above, so the solution would be to remove Graziani from the map and just have his arrival controlled by the Decision and Unit scripts.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
shoelessbivouac

Yo,

Thanks.

That sounds like a viable solution for Graziani. So, that leaves some question in my mind what to do with Gariboldi. I have not been able to determine how the #unit code identifies individual units in the game. But, if I follow your suggestion, I need to replace Graziani with Gariboldi, who starts the game in N. Africa. In any case, I believe I will leave the ST WW2 - War in Europe version Calm Before the Storm scenario behind as it appears to suffer from play balance issues (I have never played a previous CBTS game where the Axis player accumulates so many mpp's - either the previous versions were all wrong, or this community pack version is a rare anomaly in Will's otherwise laudable endeavors.)
steelwarrior

Post by steelwarrior »

There is a repeatable crash on the first November turn 1940 during the AI Allied turn, failed to update tile after movement - until fixed, the mod is sadly unplayable for me
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

None such problems with me, I just finished a turn in January 1941. This is probably the best game I’ve ever played.

There is a repeatable crash on the first November turn 1940 during the AI Allied turn, failed to update tile after movement - until fixed, the mod is sadly unplayable for me
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
steelwarrior

Post by steelwarrior »

ORIGINAL: rodney727

None such problems with me, I just finished a turn in January 1941. This is probably the best game I’ve ever played.

Strange - also love the mod....any idea what it could be - it happens on the AI turn after Italy delares war on Greece
SCMIKE

Post by SCMIKE »

your mod is great!!! always events right and left, AWESOME
SCMIKE

Post by SCMIKE »

all good with new version [:D]

[:D][:D]
Andreh

Post by Andreh »

Im not being able to use any mod. I use the steam version, v 1.16.01 . Used the community pack dlc. Then copied to the steam apps campaing folder. Then manually downloaded the CBTS mod and installed at the documents/mygames/.../campaign.
Nothing works.
Any tips?
Thanks
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

View this thread
tm.asp?m=4628674
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
roy64

Post by roy64 »

There's Italian units in the production table for Germany, is this on purpose?
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Hi

Is it okay to start a multi player game? I started one, just want to make sure,

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”