Moving units

Armored Brigade is a real-time tactical wargame, focusing on realism and playability
demyansk

Moving units

Post by demyansk »

I know this has been asked before but I can't find the answer through the search utility. I thought if you gave an order to the CO unit the others would follow? Do you have to use the drag the box utility around the units?
CCIP-subsim

RE: Moving units

Post by CCIP-subsim »

There is a difference between selecting a unit and selecting a formation - assuming you haven't turned off those UI elements, the units are selected by dragging or clicking on the round blue unit bases/icons, while the formation is selected by clicking on the little grey icon. You can give move orders to either units or formations.

Keep in mind that when you give a move order to a unit (and not its formation), it'll split from the formation until you order it to rejoin. You also have formation settings - by default, units in formations assemble then move out from their assembly point to the destination point, where they reform again. You can also order "free" formation, meaning the units won't wait to assemble into formation before moving out, or "march" in formation in which the units will move together and keep their formation positions (which generally makes them slower).
Veitikka

RE: Moving units

Post by Veitikka »

If an individual unit doesn't move with the formation then you may have detached it by giving it commands. You need to reattach it (hotkey control+R).
ORIGINAL: CCIP-subsim

"march" in formation in which the units will move together and keep their formation positions (which generally makes them slower).

In case we're talking about the 'march' formation type here, it is optimized for road movement. Place waypoints along the road you want the formation to follow. The more waypoints you use, the more closely the units follow that road.
Know thyself!

Return to “Armored Brigade”