Question about tile property based on weather

exsonic01

Question about tile property based on weather

Post by exsonic01 »

As far as I know, water in this game freeze at winter, and we can set water condition during game condition adjustment.

Can we do the same for bog tile? Bog or swamp also freeze at winter, especially if weather is extremely cold.

If this game add frozen bog, then we don't need to worry about rice paddy, just add bog tile will solve the issue.
exsonic01

RE: Question about tile property based on weather

Post by exsonic01 »

Well, I changed my mind, it would be better to have rice paddy tile, which is like "bog" from May to September, and similar with "field" from October to April.
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

Have you noticed that you can edit the monthly parameters in the map's defaults.xml file? You can set the default environment types there.
Know thyself!
exsonic01

Post by exsonic01 »

ORIGINAL: Veitikka
Have you noticed that you can edit the monthly parameters in the map's defaults.xml file? You can set the default environment types there.
I know about defaults.xml but we need more detail. Could you let us know what 'terrain' value or other parameter change would bring the change I want?
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

I'm not sure what would be the best for you, because the winter-spring-summer-autumn system is optimized for four season. I suppose you would need the three seasons (dry-hot-rainy). 'Spring' gives you the green and plowed fields, and 'autumn' the yellow and plowed fields. If paddy fields will be added in the future then perhaps some of the existing season types should affect how these fields behave. On the other hand, we already have the 'jungle' environment...

Here I list the defaults.xml 'terrain' attribute values:

Summer 1
Winter 2
Jungle 3
Desert 4
Autumn 5
Barren 6
Spring 7
Know thyself!

Return to “MODS and Scenarios”