OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney updated June 23, 2020

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.
Sugar

RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney

Post by Sugar »

Sugar, I apologize for mischaracterizing your views, perhaps I did not read your posts closely enough.

Null problemo, also possible I made it not clear enough. My subjective observation is, NM doesn't lead to significant disadvantages, if the difference doesn't exceed more than 30-40%. It's also relatively easy to reduce units` morale by tank-, bomber- or artillery attacks. Many units have got the ability to reduce enemy morale, but that`s affecting following attacks only. The randomization of combat results may also lead to misinterpretation.
BPINisBACK

Post by BPINisBACK »

I would like to start a new game.
I will play any side.
I would like to propose a house rule:
"A HQ only could be bombed by air ONE TIME per turn if there is not a friendly unit right NEXT to the HQ"
Thanks!
Ktonos

Post by Ktonos »

Both players must have fun for a game to continue. Anyone ought to feel free to resign as soon as he doesn't find the game enjoyable.

I don't think the unit ineffectiveness was due to national morale. Where they rested, in good supply and attached to an HQ?
The French morale shocks are scripted, as are the morale shocks after Kiev, Leningrad and Moscow, and they are dealt directly to unit morale not to NM. I think.

NM in my opinion works just fine as do the majority the game's mechanics. The number of bombs in a plane might not change (this should be related to the supply of the unit) but maybe the quality of the field repairs by field engineers maintaining the plane did change. Or maybe a bomber crew will flee before dropping their payload to the mere mention in the comms of enemy fighters in the vicinity, while a the same crew a couple of years back would fly throygh enemy fighters to bomb their target.

Bolko

Post by Bolko »

Hey Fellow SC players,

I've had a family event and I am suddenly unable to continue most of my games. To be brief, I am suddenly and unexpectedly the guardian of an eight year old boy. Happy to do it, but the gaming will have to suffer.

If I am in a tourney game with you, this notice serves as a resignation and your victory.

Best to all, I WILL return!

Bolkonsky
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Ktonos is right that French units suffer special deductions to their unit morale as the Axis advance into France and Belgium, and this is separate to National Morale.

Thanks for the posts and replies everyone, this is what helps us drive the game forwards as it's already given me a few thoughts on things that could be done. [:)]

If you've any further thoughts please don't hesitate to post... and that applies to anything you like/dislike about the game.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
Ktonos

Post by Ktonos »

Tourney match ended Jeff_Ahl (Axis) vs Ktonos (Allies), Allied victory Jul 1940

So with most of my tourney games ending I have space for at least 3 more games. Anyone wanting to play PM me, I'm available for tourney or friendly games.
Ktonos

Post by Ktonos »

Tourney match started PJL1973 (Allies) vs Ktonos (Axis)

House rules: No diplo to majors
Giovanni705

Post by Giovanni705 »

Hello
After a long leave, also abandoned by my tournament opponent, I am willing to try again. I am surely rusty, but a good loser I promise.
I feel better I play axis, more experience at the time I was playing. Any taker?
Thanks
Giovanni
Gio
Markiss

Post by Markiss »

Bolko,
As someone who very unexpectedly became the single parent of a little boy(also now 8), I empathize with your situation. The only reason I have had time to game lately is that I lost my "situation", er, job. He needs you, and you have to do what is necessary for him.
From experience, however, I will tell you that after the initial shock has worn off, it is important to find at least a little time for yourself, or you will become an unhappy person. This will degrade your ability to be at your best for him, and will decrease the quality of life for you both. After some time, you will become better at managing your schedule. You can be happy too.
Best of luck and all happiness to you and your new charge.
Lock up your wife and children now,
It's time to wield the blade..
Ktonos

Post by Ktonos »

Tourney match ended PJL1973 (Allies) vs Ktonos (Axis), Axis victory Apr 1941
PJL1973

Post by PJL1973 »

Resigned my current game with Ktonos. I'm taking a break from this tournament. I will stick to freindlies instead.

Main issues right now of the game
1. You can't slow down offensives (unless you make a counter-offensive).
2. Research strategy is very linear. Basically research Infantry, Air Defence, Infantry Doctrine, Air Doctrine, Anti-submarine warfare, Air Attack & Long Range Air before anything else. Absolutely nothing else will work.
3. Diplomacy still too linear as well. Basically do diplomacy before anything else to maintain initiative.
4. Economy isn't that important. Or rather it's less important than morale. You can have tons of money, but if you have low morale it doesn't make any difference.
Hartmann301

Post by Hartmann301 »

Axis player with experience free for a game. Please send a PM if interested.
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

I resign. SaulGoodman (Axis) wins vs. Taxman (Allies)
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
Markiss

Post by Markiss »

I have been asked to play another tournament game by someone who was having trouble finding one, so I have agreed against my better judgement.
New game Markiss(Allies) vs Hartmann301(Axis)
Lock up your wife and children now,
It's time to wield the blade..
Dmondragon75

Post by Dmondragon75 »

Fafnir(axis) won against Dmondragon75, I think it was august 42
El Condoro

Post by El Condoro »

I am an average skill player (I think, without any metric by which to judge!) and am happy to play either side. I usually play with the default settings - either side. LMK, cheers.
ORB & CROWN Fantasy Warfare Mod for Strategic Command
Download for War in Europe or World at War - YouTube - Discord
nnason

Post by nnason »

El Condoro, I am available for a game. Pick side and send Password. Either side OK but if I have choice would like Axis.
Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired
nnason

Post by nnason »

All,
I am back from my 6600 mile RV trip. Sometimes I could play and sometimes I had very poor connections while on the road.

I have my first win and a loss against Javier.

I'll be updating the ELO standings this weekend.

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired
Rannug61

Post by Rannug61 »

New ELO game starts
El Condoro (Axis) vs Rannug61 (Allies)
"En svensk tiger"
BPINisBACK

Post by BPINisBACK »

guggy (Axis)and BPINisBACK (Allies)

Allies win at the begining of June, 1945.

Thank you very much, guggy for this looong game and for playing until the last men!

I could practice the Scandinavian Gambit for allies (despite Germany made a susccesful SeeLowe) and also i could try again my favourite defensive position for Russian (Caucasus + Stalingrad) where many german units were destroyed.

Return to “Multiplayer (PBEM and head to head)”