The best Napoleonic Wargame ever ?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

nukkxx5058

The best Napoleonic Wargame ever ?

Post by nukkxx5058 »

1) Operational/tactical level ?

2) Strategical level ?
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
Capitaine

RE: The best Napoleonic Wargame ever ?

Post by Capitaine »

Board or computer wargame?
altipueri

Post by altipueri »

Campaigns on The Danube. Get it in the sale now.
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

ORIGINAL: Capitaine

Board or computer wargame?

Computer of course
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

At the moment this series doesn't really have any competitors (tactical and operational).

tm.asp?m=4542935

Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

The Board game offering are much better and last a life time. That's the truth of it.
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

For tactical, Campaigns on the Danube. Frank Hunter's use of FOW and realistic orders delays is something every wargamer should try.

For grand strategy, I'm partial to Empires in Arms. For me, it has the best scale and scope without excessive micro-management. I played AH War & Peace boardgame and I'd love to see a computer version of that someday. I've tried Crown of Glory and Wars of Napoleon but I don't like them. Regarding Empires in Arms, I'm continuing to work on bug fixes and other improvements. Look for a v1.23 update early next year.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
rommel222

Post by rommel222 »

Greetings to All,
My preference for best Napoleonic Boardgames: Empires in Arms, War & Peace, La Bataille series, Simtac Napoleonic series, Kevin Zucker Napoleonic series. Since my wife's quilting takes up all my gaming tables and floor space, I use Cyberboard on computer to play boardgames.

My preferences for best Napoleonic Computer games: Empires in Arms, Campaigns on the Danube, Victory & Glory, Crown of Glory & Commander Napoleon at War.
For tactical immersion: HPS/JTS Napoleonic Battles/Campaign series, Scourge of War Waterloo series, Histwar: Napoleon & Les Grognards

I gave up 1/72 & 1/32 Napoleonic miniature wargame collection and Osprey uniform books when I got married and became an instant father of two stepchildren 28 years ago. But I still follow the hobby online.
Lancier

Post by Lancier »

GdD Colbert * TWC Co-founder & Admin

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

must admit the General-Staff addon for maps etc looks great and should make the maps / terrain more real and enjoyable to play on, eye candy wise
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Always liked AH's War and Peace. Great little game.
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Lancier

Post by Lancier »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

must admit the General-Staff addon for maps etc looks great and should make the maps / terrain more real and enjoyable to play on, eye candy wise
Indeed, G-S 3xeditors (Army, Scenario, Map) are great. The black powder GS game itself (Kreigsspiel mode & the Simulation mode for Napoleonic and Americal Civil War battles) on way too, probably 1st or 2nd quarter of 2019.
GdD Colbert * TWC Co-founder & Admin

Return to “General Discussion”