Didn't play free version. Demo?

Armored Brigade is a real-time tactical wargame, focusing on realism and playability
kneecaps

Didn't play free version. Demo?

Post by kneecaps »

Hi folks,
I never played the free version and the price of 60 NZD (weak kiwi dollar) makes this a purchase I cannot casually make.... is there a demo or is the free version available somewhere, I love the look (was a Steel Panthers long timer player and also a lot of 'Brigade Combat Team'!) and videos of the gameplay but want to really try it for myself before making the $$$ commitment :D
Adam Rinkleff

RE: Didn't play free version. Demo?

Post by Adam Rinkleff »

Find a copy of Close Combat (any version) - this is a lot like that, with more maps, larger maps, more options, helicopters, and the ability to control a much larger force. Also, better AI.
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

ORIGINAL: kneecaps

Hi folks,
I never played the free version and the price of 60 NZD (weak kiwi dollar) makes this a purchase I cannot casually make.... is there a demo or is the free version available somewhere, I love the look (was a Steel Panthers long timer player and also a lot of 'Brigade Combat Team'!) and videos of the gameplay but want to really try it for myself before making the $$$ commitment :D

It's out there. I just found it and fired it up but the difference between the two are so huge that I think it would put you off more than give you an idea. One is a basic hobby project with very limited aesthetics and very rough, the other is a professional release. I'd advise NOT getting the freeware version honestly.

I've only returned 2 games through Steam, one recently, but it is a nice feature. I'd check out the many videos on YouTube to get an idea.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
kneecaps

Post by kneecaps »

I own and have played almost every Close Combat significantly, thanks for suggestion though.
kneecaps

Post by kneecaps »

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

Hi folks,

It's out there. I just found it and fired it up but the difference between the two are so huge that I think it would put you off more than give you an idea. One is a basic hobby project with very limited aesthetics and very rough, the other is a professional release. I'd advise NOT getting the freeware version honestly.

I've only returned 2 games through Steam, one recently, but it is a nice feature. I'd check out the many videos on YouTube to get an idea.

Thanks , if it were on Steam I would just give it a try knowing I could return...

I will take your advice on not trying the Freeware version. I've watched a few YouTube videos, will just checkout some more and come to a decision I think.

Thanks again!
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

I own and have played almost every Close Combat significantly, thanks for suggestion though.

I don't get the comparison honestly. I'd say if anything it would be closer to if Command Ops and Steel Panthers had a love child and it was raised by Combat Mission and Flashpoint Campaign Red Storm.
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
kneecaps

Post by kneecaps »

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

I don't get the comparison honestly. I'd say if anything it would be closer to if Command Ops and Steel Panthers had a love child and it was raised by Combat Mission and Flashpoint Campaign Red Storm.

Quite honestly I don't see it either :D Close Combat is so squad level focused, down to individual walls an hedges meaning the difference between life and death...

This really looks like a mix of 'Brigade Combat Team' and Steel Panthers with evolved combat mechanics.

Flashpoint Campaign is another one I've never tried but has caught my eye a number of times.

I've also spent a lot of time with the Command Ops predecessors COTA, Red Devils over Arnhem etc..
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

I said Flashpoint only because of the time frame. Never played Brigade Combat Team

EDIT I guess some of it does remind me a bit of CC, mostly from the top down real time although I don't remember any command structure in CC. It always seemed like a map rush with that game. Tbh, it's been may years since I played it so maybe Adam is right.

Return to “Armored Brigade”