Big Ivan

RE: Submitted Scenarios

Post by Big Ivan »

[;)]
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
KingHunter3059

Post by KingHunter3059 »

Interesting - I thought it might be a Mod Issue. Perhaps a version issue?
-

Attachments
TOTH_R9_Is.jpg
TOTH_R9_Is.jpg (167.57 KiB) Viewed 527 times
JT

"He who dares, wins!"
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Not at all, it's a party problem.[:D]
UP844

Post by UP844 »

I am an incommensurable idiot [8|].

I inadvertently disabled the "View Exit Hexes" option. I apologise to everybody (including the Ayatollah/Party Chairman) for making such a huge mess because of a stupid mistake I made.

Please delete this thread.

I think I will take a sabbatic period.
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
technikzauberer

Post by technikzauberer »

Design Contest Entry [Was to be the first in a series of back to back scenarios or a CG]

TotHSDCxx: Clash at Le Valtru
Date: 29 June 1944

Background/History: Operation Epsom.
By the third day, constantly shifting battle lines with the taking, losing and retaking objectives combined with often very confused
heavy fighting and losses, shaped the ‘norm’ for the operation. This scenario portrays hastily setup recon and organic support elements of
the German 10SS in makeshift indirect fire support for the SS Division’s larger drive towards Hill 112 when they are descended upon by
forces of the British 15th Division that had pushed around and were now aiming for reclaiming the Odon River bridges leading to Gavrus.
Can the German gaggle shift to halt the advance and inflict enemy losses without themselves being decimated in the process?

Units:
British 15th Div - 2nd Argyll and Sunderland Highlanders, supported by 7th Royal Tank
German 10th SS Panzer Div - SSAufklärungs10 [recce/forward fire support attachments], reinforced by free units of the 10ss Panzer regiment.

Scenario Pattern: British ->] German
Scenario Length: 8 game turns
Visibility: Day, LOS 12 hexes
Map: Custom 20x16 Map
Terrain: Woods, Brush, Structures, Hill, River, Bridges

Game Configuration/Settings Recommendations:
Play Mode - German[Human] <> British[Computer]. Must only be played in this mode, the British units are set to be controlled only by AI.
Difficulty - Very Hard
Fog of War - Enabled
Path Quality - High
If a Side Loses All Units, a Scenario/CG Ends - Unticked

Victory Conditions/Objective: Both sides count VPs for owning VP locations. Germans must stall the attack by holding the VP locations and
inflict enemy losses while minimizing their own. The Scenario Outcome final victory level is modified by a victory condition/calculation.
Victory Calculation: On the final Scenario Outcome; if the British VP KIA point total is greater than the German VP KIA point total,
subtract the difference from the German VP total to determine the true outcome of victory/defeat level [MajorV/MinorV/Draw/MinorD/MajorD].

Scenario Designer: Franz Miklautsch [technikzauberer] technik@frontier.com
Designer Notes: Within the short timeframe of the scenario [8t], there is no way the British can reach/take the bridges. So within the time
alloted, it's all about the British pushing forward and maintaining enough force and momentum to continue on while for the Germans to break
up that force without sacrificing too much, since not much help would arrive in time to curtail any future regroup/resurge to the bridges.
I created/tested this effort when I should have been sleeping [or working].
Attachments
TotH_Scena..eValtru.zip
(24.39 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Thanks for your scenario technikzauberer and I'm anxious to try it out. [:)]
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Ah, I don't know if it's me but the scenario won't work for me. Seems during set-up there are no units to set up yet the entry hexes are on the map.[&:]
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Oh, I get it now, the Clash at Le Valtru scenario is to be played only from the defensive side. I figured it out when I used the Editor and saw the Brittish (the attackers) were AI-Controlled only. It's a very new design approach.[:)]
technikzauberer

Post by technikzauberer »

ORIGINAL: Hailstone

Oh, I get it now, the Clash at Le Valtru scenario is to be played only from the defensive side. I figured it out when I used the Editor and saw the Brittish (the attackers) were AI-Controlled only. It's a very new design approach.[:)]

Was given very distinct design parameters: to be played via only one side, with a provided map and include particular units.
Also designed with very specific environment settings and a VP tweak [scenario text/description is key]

tm.asp?m=4518189

Enjoy!
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

Yes, Thank You technikzauberer (Franz) for your scenario!![:)]

Big Ivan
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Clash at Le Valtru is a fine scenario. Most of the battle centered in the middle trying to hold that victory hex against everything the AI could throw
at me. We went back and forth holding, losing, and capturing that hex. There was some action at the southernmost victory hex with AI units pouring

out of the woods and almost capturing that hex but, for the intervention of the reinforcements, the AI failed to reach their objective. Thanks again, technikzauberer![;)]
rico21

After Sowchos and Desperate...

Post by rico21 »

Pulling Out
Staroye Ustinovo, Russia 1942-08-05.
A light howitzer battery was surrounded by enemy infantry and half a dozen Russian tanks from the 29th Tank Brigade. The
situation was a stalemate; the German force with its howitzers were powerful enough to keep the Russian tanks at bay, but
lacked the offensive capability to break out. A company of German tanks, including some captured T-34s, supported by mechanized
infantry, was ordered to break the siege.

Russian(Elements of 20th Tank Brigade, 20th Army) -->[ German((Elements of 3 Batterie, I Battalion, Artillery Regiment 36 / 2nd
Companie Kradschutzen-Battalion 36, 36th Infantry Division / Reinforced elements of 8 Company, II. Abteilung, Panzer Regiment 3)

Best played on German SIDE first / with LOS: 12 Hexes / with RULE: German fire first, captured T-34s == PZ IV F2
/ with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: 6.5 Game Turns
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer : ASL'Men [ Friendly Fire Pack 9 ID:FrF71 ]
Attachments
PullingOut.zip
(26.61 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
slaphappypappy

Post by slaphappypappy »

I can only gain a draw in Desperate Measures so far.
Tough scenario.
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

Nice job Tom![:)]

You did better than I did on Desperate Measures. I think I had a major loss.

Did you play with very hard difficulty?

Did the SU-100's show themselves? They never did when I played it.[&:]
slaphappypappy

Post by slaphappypappy »

I played it 3 times to get the draw, therefore I had previous intel on enemy and still could only get a draw.
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Take your time!
German infantry ahead to discovered hidden Russian infantry, Panthers blow out any resistance.
Take a Victory point to oblige Russian units moving.
But, be safe, Su-100 is an urban legend.
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Han-Sur-Neid
Here's my first scenario and I hope you'll enjoy it. Happy Thanksgiving! [:)]
Attachments
HanSurNeid.zip
(21.79 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

Thanks for the scenario Hailstone![;)]
rico21

Post by rico21 »

+1[&o]
Hailstone, you are a TOTH little devil![:D]
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Here's another small scenario submitted for your approval. [:)]

Devil's Hill

Holland, September 19, 1944: Although the airborne portion of the "Market-Garden" Operation
centered around the siezing of vital bridges, heavy fighting occurred over control of the highway
section leading to the bridges as well. While parts of the 82nd Airborne fought to gain control
of the bridges at Nijmegen, other elements fought for control of the Kleve-Nijmegen highway.
One of the major objectives in the control of this highway was Hill 75.9, better known as
"Devil's Hill". Control of this high ground meant a complete overview of the highway below.
Even though German security troops operating in this area were small in number, when concentrated
in defense of a natural strong point such as this, these troops often put up strong resistance.
Such was the case when Company A of the 508th Parachute Regiment moved out to take "Devil's Hill".

Victory Conditions for the Americans is to secure three entrenchments from Hill 75.9. The Germans
have to prevent the Americans from capturing the three entrenchments.

Aftermath: Covering some 200 yards, the paratroopres' determined attack soon drove the German's
from the summit of the hill. But the Germans recovered quickly on the reverse slopes and counter-
attacked repeatedly throughout the day. By nightfall the Americans had gained control of the hill,
though by morning the Germans had returned and infiltrated the paratroopers' positions. Once again
the Germans had to be driven out from "Devil's Hill".
Attachments
DevilsHill.zip
(22.02 KiB) Downloaded 44 times

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”