MIssing objective points

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

CJM

MIssing objective points

Post by CJM »

I have purchased SoW Chancellorsville and downloaded the latest version. In the tutorials that I am trying to run,
the Objective Points appear without the yellow circle on the terrain below or they don't appear at all. (In one tutorial
the yellow circle under the Objective Point only partly appears.

This glitch disallows me to get beyond whatever the Objective Point is (or, in a scenario, to take it). Is there any fix

for this? I thank you in advance.

CJ Maloney

The Wehrmacht that set out to conquer Russia in 1941 was a poor army with strictly limited resources.
- Supplying War (1977)
mitra76

RE: MIssing objective points

Post by mitra76 »

Have you noticed if you have the same problem in a scenario or sandbox battle (sandbox in defence is the more rapid way to check)? I assume no mod is installed currently
Visit my wargame blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
CJM

Post by CJM »

Haven't tried the sandbox but in the tutorial and scenarios I run into this
problem repeatedly. At this point I've just given up. The company website and

their emails seem dead. Never get a response.
The Wehrmacht that set out to conquer Russia in 1941 was a poor army with strictly limited resources.
- Supplying War (1977)
mitra76

Post by mitra76 »

well it seems very particular problem, can you paste your dxdiag file and the SOWGB.ini file here? Sure is something linked to the graphics, so some tests of various settings can be necessary
Visit my wargame blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
CJM

Post by CJM »

Thank you for your kind offer, sir, but I have already deleted the game off my computer and asked for a refund or credit. At this point I'm just done with the company that created the game. Lesson learned. Sadly, it looks like I'm out $30!
- Supplying War (1977)
RebBugler

Post by RebBugler »

I just opened the CV Tutorial One scenario and found that the first objective (small activation radius) is indeed hard to activate because the yellow ground circle is almost entirely obscured, an issue caused by different map elevations. I can see how this would confuse and frustrate a first time player.

This is a rare issue because the radius allowed for objective activation is generally 150 yards or greater. Furthermore, whether you can see the entire yellow circle or not does not affect objective activation, the circle just indicates it's center location on the ground.
Designer - Scourge of War
CJM

Post by CJM »

OK I'll download the game again and give it another whack
- Supplying War (1977)
CJM

Post by CJM »

Downloaded the game again and tried to get past the first tutorial. No matter the angle, direction or elevation I cannot see any objective point and the game will therefore not allow me to get past riding the general around in circles. Any thoughts on how to fix this glitch?
- Supplying War (1977)
RebBugler

Post by RebBugler »

ORIGINAL: CJM

Downloaded the game again and tried to get past the first tutorial. No matter the angle, direction or elevation I cannot see any objective point and the game will therefore not allow me to get past riding the general around in circles. Any thoughts on how to fix this glitch?

I understand, it's tough to find. From the opening position move the camera toward, under and slightly past the objective. Look for a small flickering yellow line, this is the partial circle. Move your leader to that exact spot. The objective should activate almost immediately.

Unless there's an anomaly happening otherwise the partial yellow circle should be visible.
CJM

Post by CJM »

Holy moly that worked!!! I owe you a whiskey!!! Should I do the same whenever I come across the same problem in other scenarios/tutorials? Thank you again!!!
- Supplying War (1977)
RebBugler

Post by RebBugler »

ORIGINAL: CJM

Should I do the same whenever I come across the same problem in other scenarios/tutorials?

As mentioned earlier, this issue is rare because of its small radius. Just make sure you have an officer plus the minimum required number of troops within a larger radius for future objective activations. Objective activation criteria is available on the mini map...Mouseover the objective star for objective info. Please refer to the manual for objective criteria explanations.

Glad you're giving the game a second chance.

Return to “Tech Support”