City pathfinding

Armored Brigade is a real-time tactical wargame, focusing on realism and playability
jiggathebaws

City pathfinding

Post by jiggathebaws »

I'm finding if I try to get multiple platoons to cross a bridge at beginning of scenario, individual vehicles get a bit "creative" with how far out of the way they go to reach the other side. Tips?
noooooo

RE: City pathfinding

Post by noooooo »

I am noticing the same. The pathfinding gets very confused if bridges are involved.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

I would look to add waypoints before and after the crossing point you want then drop the end point. The AI based on SOP settings, may decide on some creative pathing.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
noooooo

Post by noooooo »

I'm not sure but maybe the line formation would help?
Blond_Knight

Post by Blond_Knight »

Column, not line.
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

If you want to cross a chokepoint with a formation, use the 'march' formation type. Place a few waypoints along the road, and they should follow it nicely.

By the way, many of the pathfinding issues are caused by the one-unit-per-cell limitation. I'll try to increase the limit in the game patches. If two vehicles are allowed to enter a map cell then there should be much more space for movement.
Know thyself!
jiggathebaws

Post by jiggathebaws »

So March is a formation, not a behavior? What's the difference between March and column?
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

ORIGINAL: jiggathebaws

So March is a formation, not a behavior? What's the difference between March and column?

'March' is formation+behavior. It's optimized for road column movement and ignores the SOP 'pathfind' option. 'Column' is a formation, and uses the SOP 'pathfind' option.
Know thyself!
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

ORIGINAL: Veitikka

'March' is formation+behavior. It's optimized for road column movement and ignores the SOP 'pathfind' option. 'Column' is a formation, and uses the SOP 'pathfind' option.

Well geeeez! I've been begging for something like that to be implemented in Steel Beasts Pro for the past 18 years and they still haven't got unit bridge crossing right.

And now a new dev with their very 1st game right out of the box does it.

WOW!
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress

Return to “Armored Brigade”