Data locked?

Armored Brigade is a real-time tactical wargame, focusing on realism and playability
noooooo

Data locked?

Post by noooooo »

I can't seem to use the Database Editor for some reason, there's no way to save. I tried to edit the database xml files but it causes the game to not run because it's getting the wrong checksum.
Tamas

RE: Data locked?

Post by Tamas »

One of the developers will be around later to explain it (I don't remember if this is in the manual to be honest), but basically you need to make a copy of the database, you can edit that, and then when you launch the game with the settings options, you'll get the chance to select your "mod" database to be loaded instead of the default one.

zoikkis

Post by zoikkis »

Manual says that the default database is locked and cannot be edited. You need to create a new user database.
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

Open the game's data\database folder. There you'll find the 'default' folder, which is the official database. Make a copy of it. In the new folder, open the 'eras.xml' file. I recommend using an advanced text editor such as Notepad++ when you need to edit the files manually, so the file contents won't be messed up. In the .xml file, you see this line:

Code: Select all

<string name="databaseID" value="default" />

You must put your database ID there. For example:

Code: Select all

<string name="databaseID" value="myDatabase" />

After this, when you run the settings launcher, you should have your database selectable in the database dropdown menu. Select it, and go to the in-game database editor, and the content should be editable there!
Know thyself!

Return to “Armored Brigade”