Is TOAW IV comparable with previous scenarios?

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
Akmatov

Is TOAW IV comparable with previous scenarios?

Post by Akmatov »

I'm reposting basically a hopefully a clearer version of the same question as this morning as the only answer of 57 views addressed the issue of mods, pointing out I had asked two different questions. Soooooo. . .

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I can't find it. There are hundreds of scenarios made for previous versions of TOAW that are for me just basic. Would appreciate info on if TOAW IV can utilize them or does it invalidate over almost two decades of work by dedicated scenario authors? TOAW IV is very tempting, but there are scenarios by gifted authors that are just too good to abandon.

Given that TOAW III is now no longer available, does TOAW IV have perhaps a TOAW III mode? Or perhaps is there a simple process for converting say TOAW COW scenarios, which seem to be the most common, to TOAW IV?

Help much appreciated.
budd

RE: Is TOAW IV comparable with previous scenarios?

Post by budd »

I have a bunch of TOAW3 scenarios, i open them in the TOAW4 editor and then save them and play them in TOAW4. so far i haven't run into any issues with the ones i tried. I''m guessing any new features with TOAW4 won't work for the converted TOAW3 scenarios but haven't noticed anything major yet.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Akmatov

RE: Is TOAW IV comparable with previous scenarios?

Post by Akmatov »

many thx, exactly what I needed to know, TOAW IV is now on my Black Friday/Xmas Sale list. :)

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”