What is with the slowdowns?

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Rosseau

What is with the slowdowns?

Post by Rosseau »

I've been playing this game eight years solitaire on and off. Playing Road to Smolensk, latest version, and it's taking forever for the Soviet counters to move. The game is unplayable. What is the fix for this problem please?
Telemecus

RE: What is with the slowdowns?

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: Rosseau
I've been playing this game eight years solitaire on and off. Playing Road to Smolensk, latest version, and it's taking forever for the Soviet counters to move. The game is unplayable. What is the fix for this problem please?

If you are playing against the AI you may have to accept it will take a long while to do its turns - almost like waiting for another person to get back to you with theirs. I understand ways to speed it up though are not to have the better CV option and makes sure you get one of the latest patches to the program as they did a lot of performance improvements at one point. I have not played the AI seriously in a long time, so it could also be they have changed data or introduced features in later versions that make the AI slower again too?
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Thank you for responding Telemecus, but this is something else.

I have never seen this even when playing the game years ago on pathetic computers. The turns zip through. It's the counters that are unplayably slow when you move them. Makes Tigers on the Hunt seem speedy.

And Task Manager is showing next to no resources being used on my i7 3.6, so something is wrong here.

I need to play WitW to see if it is okay.

I do expect an answer from Support though.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Apparently, I either have a messed-up save or changing the settings mid-game doesn't work too well.

Road to Smolensk is not a huge scenario, and with a fresh start, the counters are back to moving at their normal speeds.

So far so good, and hope I won't have to bother you until the campaign game [;)]
Colbert

Post by Colbert »

I have a similar very bad slow down problem - do you know which settings you changed which did it?
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

I don't know if it is the same problem but just incase it helps you guys I kept having problems with counters being moved as they seemed to judder/lag when trying to move them if I played WitE for more than an hour at a time

I changed my compatability of the game to windows 8 which fixed the problem and have not had it since
Although I could also keep restarting WitE to get the problem to subsibe for an hour or so until I changed the compatability

Return to “Tech Support”