Armored Brigade Tutorial Video #1- Movement

Daniele

Armored Brigade Tutorial Video #1- Movement

Post by Daniele »

Armored Brigade – our upcoming tactical wargame set during a Cold War turning hot situation - has a perfect combination between straightforward design and gameplay complexity. Movement Orders are a perfect example of this.

In this short video, we are going to illustrate how to command your units to move on the battlefield, considering numerous factors as delays, unit behaviour, speed, and more.

Get more information about the game on its official product page

Badger73

RE: Armored Brigade Movement Video

Post by Badger73 »

ORIGINAL: Daniele
<snipped>

In this short video, we are going to illustrate how to command your units to move on the battlefield, considering numerous factors as delays, unit behaviour, speed, and more.

<snipped>

While this video is somewhat useful, it really doesn't show "how" but rather "what" instead. I really like it's brevity but I think the narrator went through the motions too quickly for a viewer to understand "how" and "why". I also think the narrator should have used simpler vocabulary to talk through the points he was making. I don't mean that you should "dumb this down" but rather that you should try to teach more simply. I know that teaching is hard and you're under a deadline, so please take this critique as an attempt to help you be more effective in future video's. I truly look forward to this game but find it intimidating to learn and challenging to understand. Thank you.
"Plans are nothing. Planning is everything."
- General of the Army Dwight David Eisenhower

"There are only two leadership examples; 'Behold' and 'Beware'."
- U.S. Army / USMC junior leadership truism
Bradley62

Post by Bradley62 »

This video is gold. Not many folks were going to figure this out on their own[:)]
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Unless the routines have changed a lot since the free version - and they may have - the old one was pretty easy to pick up and play with some experimentation. This is from someone who finds Matrix Desert War 1940-1942 kind of frightening. I still haven't the courage to dive in to it.
varangy

Post by varangy »

ORIGINAL: Bradley62

This video is gold. Not many folks were going to figure this out on their own[:)]

Not many folks would have been able to figure out what? That you can right click and choose from a menu?
Bradley62

Post by Bradley62 »

My thinly veiled attempt at sarcasm goes unappreciated.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Ha, I missed it too, Bradley62. I've often put a smiley instead of a wink and been totally misunderstood. Which is usual for me [;)]

Return to “Tutorial Videos”