How to install mods?

Based on Atomic Games’ award-winning Close Combat series, Close Combat: The Longest Day brings together the classic top-down tactical gameplay from the original series and plenty of new features, expansions, and improvements! The Longest Day remake comes with a brand new Grand Campaign that covers all the airborne and beach landings, expanded map sizes, new hand-drawn historical maps, illumination during night battles and much more!
TomBombadil711

How to install mods?

Post by TomBombadil711 »

Sorry if this has been asked before and I am pretty sure there is a post answering my question but I
cannot find it. How to install mods? I have found some with installers and had no problems installing
these but how to install plugin mods?

Thanks in advance!
SchnelleMeyer

RE: How to install mods?

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

You need a program called ModSwap.exe. Put your mod-plugin in the TLD/Plugins folder and install it using Modswap.
TomBombadil711

Post by TomBombadil711 »

Thank you very much. Worked fine.
SchnelleMeyer

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

No prob mate.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

There are a number of formats that mods can come in;
1) exe - this type uses an installer to find your TLD install and puts the mod files in a sub directory and add a shortcut to start game using the mod files (/D switch). You can have multiple mods installed but they are not playable for H2H multiplayer
2) pln - a plugin file (a renamed zip file) which is installed using Modswap replacing TLD files so only the mod can run when its installed
3) zip - files must be manually copied into a mod sub directory which then requires a shortcut using /D switch or copied over top of existing files

Return to “Close Combat: The Longest Day”