Fafnir (axis) vs Dmondragon

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.
Dmondragon75

Fafnir (axis) vs Dmondragon

Post by Dmondragon75 »

I ll start this thread in the moment of dire situation for allies - Sealion, its July 14th, 1941:

Europe status:
- UK fleet is decimated, German tank still holding on in Dover with a low supply
- Axis didnt accept truce offer for the French, Marseille still holding on
- London is heavily defended, wondering if it could hold on
- French troops trying to defend MArseille, rest of the France will be occupied in a matter of turns

Medditerannea status:

-allies took Tobruk, 1 italian army destroyed, Bengazi is poorly defended (italian garnison only), will fall in couple of turns
- Italians are about to take Tunisia

Allignement:

USSR 30%
USA 29%
griffon29200

RE: Fafnir (axis) vs Dmondragon

Post by griffon29200 »

July 14th 1940 ? 1941 ?
Dmondragon75

Post by Dmondragon75 »

My bad, its 1940 of course.
Short update
Europe:
- 2 paradrops on the British coastline with UK army and corps destroyed via bombers.
- In the next turn UK Bombers reduced strenght of paratroop, german tank badly damaged by bomber but still holding on in Dover (strenght 3), all still with supply 0. Bomber command awaiting next german deployment to reduce supply rate.
- French corp is transported in Portsmouth to help remaining UK forces (2 corps, few garnisons, 2 AA).
- No more amphibbious transports in sight so far. Axis must be low on MPP due to the rejection of Gamelin offer.

Medditeranea:
- Italian bomber destroyed is Syracusa by 2 UK carriers, italian fighter damaged in Palermo, no cassualities on french/UK side. Wondering if italian fleet will try to engage combined Freanch/UK fleet
- Marseille defended by 1 full strenght french corp, surrounded by heavy axis troops, will fall next turn.
- few badly damaged french units still lurking around Marseille, will be destroyed next turn
- french corp looking fow its next target from Malta :)
- Bengazi is surrounded by combined allied forces, garnison defending it must fall next turn
Dmondragon75

Post by Dmondragon75 »

August 1940:

- Von Bock HQ lands near Dover, reduced to 4 strenght next turn by French/UK bombers
- one UK carrier reduced to 1 strenght with german maritime bomber, heavy cassualties on both sides (air forces), another UK corp near London destroyed by german bombers
- axis raiding with previously damaged subs in Atlantic

Med:

- italian and french fighter engage, italians took 3, french 2 damage
- unknown italian forces in Tunisia heading towards Algiers
- Bengazi is taken by french corp, italian garrison destroyed
- Italy didnt engage combined allied forces, 1 maritime bomber deployed by italians, damaging french BB
Dorky8

Post by Dorky8 »

Dont take this the wrong way Dmondrag but this doesn't look good.
Dmondragon75

Post by Dmondragon75 »

Oh I can see that 😎. Still, the game is a big improvement for me and UK is still not lost. Fafnir is a hell of the opponent, totally different strategy from the very beggining, I think I adapted a bit to his strategy so the game is not a lost cause yet.
I m wondering what my opponent opinnion is about the game, still he remains silent 🙃
Fafnir

Post by Fafnir »

In my last turn I managed to kill the new UK tank so no strong units around to stop the invasion left.
I also could land another German str. 12 tank, so I think the invasion cannot be stopped anymore.

Dmondragon was much better prepared this time, since my stategy was no new to him anymore.
So everthing was slowed down which may get me into trouble for Barbarossa.
The UK has taken heavy losses during the defence of UK so I did not install vichy.
France helped out UK so I guess there is not much left to defend Algier.
After the fall of France and London I assume Fanco can be convinced to join forces against communism.
Dorky8

Post by Dorky8 »

In addition to having a reputation as an excellent player Mr Fafnir is a gentleman.

Please keep the updates coming, I enjoy the AAR's.

If you could add some maps & casualties etc that would be great.

Does the game prevent amphibious attacks on GB until after France has fallen. That would seem to make sense.

Good luck guys.
Dmondragon75

Post by Dmondragon75 »

How do I take screenshots in game, anyone plz
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Press the two buttons: <Cntrl> & <PrtScn> on your keyboard at the same time.
Press <Esc> or other method to go to windows and put the game in the background.
Open MSPaint (or other such program)
Paste from the clipboard.
Save file.

You might want to press F4 in the game before taking the screen shot to remove the interface. press F4 again to bring it back.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
Dmondragon75

Post by Dmondragon75 »

Its september 22nd, 1940

- Axis sunk another carrier and cruiser last turn, 1 tank & garrissons, damaging AA defending London, taking Portsmouth and landing on western british coast. UK sustained heavy damages, but influcted some cassualties and slowed invasion a little.
- meanwhile Von Bock and 1 german tank also destroyed with bombers, both without supply.
- few subs cruising around the irish coast
Medditeranea:
-hasty move will cost UK one corp without supply, ambushed and reduced by italian army on 1, on its way to Tripoli
-french army & corp damaging italian garrison(1) in central Tunisia

Morale: UK 90, Ger 103
Dmondragon75

Post by Dmondragon75 »

Tnx!
nnason

Post by nnason »

Or you can press F11. However, F11 only does the map. If there is something open on the, you will still get just the map.
Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired
Fafnir

Post by Fafnir »

29th of may 1941

- France(Algiers Capital) has fallen now. Giving a bonus of 1000 MPP
- Most of UK is conquered, no further resistance expected
- Rommel on advance in Africa, since UK income is low not much possibility to reinforce units.

- Yugoslavia has mobilized pro Axis
- hopefully Spain will join soon after now France has fallen.

Barbarossa may be delayed but USSR mobilization is not high (51%)
USA is at 30% because Allies declared war on Luxembourg.
Schokolokos

Post by Schokolokos »

hmmm with this datas it seems like the Allies have to start talking about peace agreements soon.
Dmondragon75

Post by Dmondragon75 »

Allies decided to surrender.
Initial phase of war went ok, but soon I made 3 crucial errors which sealed the defeat.
1. Deploying Monty HQ in a place where axis tank could reach and destroy it (never ever red manual in amatter of garrisons zone of control, wrongly I assumed that passing next to garrison consumes 2 AP, since its strenght was 5. Noob
2. Sending french troops on offensive in Tunisia
3. I m wondering what happened with DAK, I never got message that DAK is formed in Africa, and they were, should have stopped Brits in Bengazi

Congrats to Fafnir!

Return to “After Action Reports”