[FIXED] Cargo - No Drop - disappears when plane lands

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Whicker

[FIXED] Cargo - No Drop - disappears when plane lands

Post by Whicker »

I loaded some cargo on a c17 - 72 tons no drop loadout.

I then took off and told it to use a new base as home, and then told it to return to that new base. Once there the cargo disappears - I gave it a few hours and nothing is there - the base has no cargo and the plane is empty.

I was pretty sure I got this to work once, but now I can't.

Does the airbase need a particular facility to store the unloaded cargo? I have tried it with a single unit airfield as well as a homemade one (for destinations). Everything else seems to work as expected, I have no issues with paratroopers or loading stuff on LCACs.

Is giving it a new base not the way to deliver the cargo? when it is in the air it still has the cargo.
RoryAndersonCDT

RE: Cargo - No Drop - disappears when plane lands

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

Perhaps the cargo was automatically unloaded? Also please upload the save file.
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
Whicker

Post by Whicker »

the cargo does leave the plane as soon as it lands but it is no where to be seen. It works fine on a single unit air field but not on one I made.

I've added different types of building as it seems like it needs to store it somewhere but no luck.

Attached is a test with 3 C-17s in the air, home base is set to the single unit field, so that needs to be changed to the blue FOB one, land it there. The c17s are dupes. There are already 3-4 of them at the blue FOB, they all had the same cargo - patriot but it is no where to be found.
Attachments
testingcargo.zip
(30.3 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Whicker

Post by Whicker »

I see this is already reported here:

tm.asp?m=4492896&mpage=1&key=cargo&#4493025

cargo delivery doesn't quite work with groups - so a single unit airfield works, but a grouped one doesn't.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Has been fixed for the next installment[:D]
Michael
Whicker

Post by Whicker »

should this work in 998.10? didn't see it in the release notes and tested and it doesn't look like it works yet.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

I thought it would have but it might have missed the cutoff.
Michael
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

It should be there as the fix was made back in June from my records.

---
Looks like some of the cargo fix/tweaks haven't been included in the .10 release.
Michael
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Is this an issue in the current build? (B998.12)
Whicker

Post by Whicker »

it's better, the cargo unloads to the base, and you can see the cargo button on the base and click it to see what cargo is on the base, you can then load that cargo onto another plane no problem.

but:
- if you right click the base and select unload cargo nothing happens
- there is no indicator for where the cargo is within the bases units

So assume you want to land mech infantry at the base and deploy it, it is a little hard to do as you don't know where it is - it is there, you just have to click on the different facilities to find it. Once it was on the runway, once in a barracks and once it was in an ammo bunker. I only found them by clicking on every unit until I saw the cargo button.

I'd prefer you could just deploy it from the base directly by right clicking the base, unload cargo.
If not that then it would be nice is there were specific facilities that held cargo so you didn't have to keep clicking around to find it, or some sort of icon to show it is at a given facility.

Attached scen has one c-17 in the air with 3 units inside it. When it lands it will unload somewhere (it's a small base so it is easy to find the cargo). Once it was on an AvGas unit, the other time it was on an ammo bunker.
Attachments
cargotesting.zip
(8.87 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

I'll have a look at it. The original issue of it being 'lost' is fixed. Now the issue is it isn't easily unloaded from where it is stored?
[I don't think that there is an indicator for facilities that show if it can store 'cargo' but I'll double check.]
Michael
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Cargo unloaded at a group is limited to these facility types: Building_Underground, Building_Surface, Building_Reveted, Building_Bunker, Building_Underground
Michael
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Not sure if allowing a land base to unload ALL its cargo is the way to go. As this could seriously upset the game; having 100 tanks in the base as cargo, and then unloading into a amour unit of 100 tanks[:D]
Not sure how best to approach this simple problem.[&:]
Michael
Whicker

Post by Whicker »

The original issue of it being 'lost' is fixed. Now the issue is it isn't easily unloaded from where it is stored?
correct.
Cargo unloaded at a group is limited to these facility types: Building_Underground, Building_Surface, Building_Reveted, Building_Bunker, Building_Underground
that's still a big list (AvGas must be one of those as thats where they went once), I was thinking more like Barracks or some sort of warehouse - specific units.
Not sure if allowing a land base to unload ALL its cargo is the way to go
I agree, it would be nice if on a land based unit you could choose what to unload somehow. But this doesn't really relate to the ease of being able to right click the base to unload - as it is they go somewhere and you can only unload them all at once. Assuming you can't easily get 100 armored units all at once to an airbase, the player needs to unload them as they arrive better. So if 4 C-17s land with cargo you should probably unload them before the next 4. Course if it is a port that is a different story, a few ships come in and there could be a lot of units all of a sudden.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

I will look if I can limit it some. From memory if there is no appropriate structure to offload the cargo to, it will stay in the plane/ship.
Facilities that can be the target of the automatic offload will be limited to building (surface/underground) with area > 400 sq m.
Michael
Whicker

Post by Whicker »

I was thinking about this and maybe limiting isn't a good idea? if they all offloaded to one barracks and then the barracks gets attacked could be bad. Obviously could have many barracks or whatever. I do like that currently it looks like they get dispersed. I think I did see one test where they stayed on the AC.

Was also thinking it would be nice if they auto unloaded to an area - kind of like ships leaving port, they would move x miles off the base to some sort of holding area. There would be some sort of shaded square off to one side similar to a ports orientation. Probably a terrible idea from a dev perspective, just brainstorming.

As it is I think would be fine if it was just possible to unload from the group, ideally with the same dialog as the load/unload cargo interface - so you could control what was unloaded.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Maybe you can request a new structure type - Dispersal area that could be used as a dump site for cargo like this.
At present, the cargo is designed to allow it to be moved around between two units, but not to be unloaded as a new unit.
Michael
Whicker

Post by Whicker »

on a grouped base cargo works well now, and can be unloaded (out of the base). Only tested a little but looks good.

Return to “Tech Support”