Fullscreen is a window. Or maybe vice versa?

Your panzer is not running well? Stop here and tell us what's happening!
JasonPratt

Fullscreen is a window. Or maybe vice versa?

Post by JasonPratt »

I may have seen this mentioned in another thread, but not with this title apparently. (Although it may have some relation to the "Resolution issue" thread.)

I'm running Win 8.1, at 1080p screen resolution. The "Full Screen (vs windowed play)" checkmark button, will 'check' but makes no difference: checked or unchecked the game plays sort-of like a window, with a grey bar across the top that can be x-closed (for quitting) and minimized (back to desktop). But it isn't a full window, because there's no taskbar on the screen (like from alt-tabbing out -- then the taskbar shows up), and it can't be resized in any way. The "max / resize" button between the x-quit and the minimize button on the upper right, is greyed out and doesn't work.

This is hardly a gamebreaking problem -- everything looks rights, my clicks land where they look like they're pointing, I can alt-tab in and out fine. It's just odd: the option to have a window doesn't work. Or the option to be in fullscreen perhaps.
"Pratt creates a real, hard, dirty world that is somehow still fantastical and full of magic and mystery. Daunting, but worthwhile." -- Vanessa Lee for Front Street
Saint Ruth

RE: Fullscreen is a window. Or maybe vice versa?

Post by Saint Ruth »

So you see the gray topbar with the X (and max/min) regardless of whether you're in full screen or not?
That's strange. I've Windows 10 and Windows XP and haven't seen that.

(the resize is turned off even if you're in Windowed mode).
JasonPratt

Post by JasonPratt »

Yep. Doesn't hamper play any; the bottom of the (apparently borderless) window is the bottom of the screen. There's just no distinction when checkmarking that option.

Absolutely low on the list of things to fix, but I thought I should ask if I'm missing something to do it right, so... [:)]
"Pratt creates a real, hard, dirty world that is somehow still fantastical and full of magic and mystery. Daunting, but worthwhile." -- Vanessa Lee for Front Street
Saint Ruth

Post by Saint Ruth »

Thanks, will put it on the list, though a few other things to do first! [8D]
rmwood6426

Post by rmwood6426 »

Any idea when this issue will be addressed? Not a fan of full screen mode at all. Windows viewing mode does not appear to be available.
Saint Ruth

Post by Saint Ruth »

Unfortunately, I only have Windows XP and Windows 10 so can't reproduce it so I'd let this slide . I'll have another look.
rmwood6426

Post by rmwood6426 »

I'm running into this problem with Windows 10. Resolution 3440x1440. For me, I need to be able to see the time at the bottom of the screen as I typically would play early morning before leaving for work.
Saint Ruth

Post by Saint Ruth »

ORIGINAL: rmwood6426

I'm running into this problem with Windows 10. Resolution 3440x1440. For me, I need to be able to see the time at the bottom of the screen as I typically would play early morning before leaving for work.
But you should be able to see the time. How is it displaying? Is the game in a window? I.e. is there a gray bar that you can grab to move the window around?
And does clicking on the Options Fullscreeen/windows option make any difference?
rmwood6426

Post by rmwood6426 »

I can see the time only after clicking on the screen, grabbing and dragging it slightly. Unfortunately when I do that it affects my ability to auto-scroll (especially up/down north/south) the map. My expectations when choose Windows mode would be a simple click in the options menu. Also not sure if this is an issue caused by 3440x1440 screen resolution - but I've also noticed the counters in game are extremely oversized when using most zoom levels.
Saint Ruth

Post by Saint Ruth »

but I've also noticed the counters in game are extremely oversized when using most zoom levels.
Sorry, what do you mean? If you zoom out they become smaller? Do you mean even when zoomed out as far as you can, the counters are still too big?
rmwood6426

Post by rmwood6426 »

Zoom function does work fine. Counters just look noticeably oversized, mainly on the default zoom level - the level the game defaults to when either starting or resuming a scenario. Not a huge issue really - certainly the windows view mode would be better suited without the need for me to click and drag the screen whenever I begin playing the game. Counter size is strictly an aesthetic preference..
Saint Ruth

Post by Saint Ruth »

ORIGINAL: rmwood6426

Zoom function does work fine. Counters just look noticeably oversized, mainly on the default zoom level - the level the game defaults to when either starting or resuming a scenario. Not a huge issue really - certainly the windows view mode would be better suited without the need for me to click and drag the screen whenever I begin playing the game. Counter size is strictly an aesthetic preference..
I think you're right about the counters. I made the counters slightly smaller and I think it looks better. Will add in patch.

I can make window resizable. The reason it wasn't was because the zooom assumes the screen is fullsize, so the zoom might be "off", but it'll still work fine.

Both will be in the next patch.
rmwood6426

Post by rmwood6426 »

Thank you so much for the update (pardon the pun). Aside from these cosmetic improvement requests the game seems bug free. Terrific job, great game.
Saint Ruth

Post by Saint Ruth »

No probs! [8D]
ErissN6

Re: Fullscreen is a window. Or maybe vice versa?

Post by ErissN6 »

Same, it only plays in a window. I tested many launcher options.

Return to “Tech Support”