A Little Mod

Post new mods here.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

Sotomonte

A Little Mod

Post by Sotomonte »

Hi:

In others threads we were talking about the possibilities about make graphics changes in the game or even correct some errors with the graphics.

I began to experiment with the editor inside the game and start to make some changes.

And how we also talked about put the graphics mods that we made in somewhere, I am going to put this little mod that I make for my own use.

The changes that I have make not change the gameplay, they are only aesthetic changes. For example:

- Now, all the "nations" have their own "siluet" (now hungarians, romanians, italians and finnish have not the german infantry siluet)

- The finnish infantry, finnish staff, german cavalry, german heavy infatry, german general staff and soviet general staff have is own and different pictures (sorry for the bad quality... I tried [:D]):

- Some NATO counters has their own "signs". For example, the SS runes, the NKVD ensign, the Siberian divisions with the Guards ensign, the russian infantry divisions with the attachment of a tank battalion have now a llttle armored symbol, the german ligth divisions has one J for "jäger", garrison divisions has one G, etc.:

- And finally, I changed some names for the germans: now the High Command is "Oberkommando der Wehrmacht", the Army Groups have their historical names (Heeresgruppe Nord, Heeresgruppe Mitte, etc.), the names of some división have changed (f.e: TOT for Totenkopf, WIK for Wiking, Blue for Div.Azul, etc.).

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ska5b36b9dzx ... c.zip?dl=0

If someone want to change or use some of the graphics of this mod, go ahead [;)]

Un saludo.
GrizzlyKt

RE: A Little Mod

Post by GrizzlyKt »

nice work thank you
Sotomonte

Post by Sotomonte »

Sorry, I have made a little "update" of the mod to put a version of the General Staff pictures with vehicles... I see them too lonely there [:D]

For the germans I put a Steyr 1500a/01 and for the soviets a GAZ 11-73:

Un saludo.
MrClock

Post by MrClock »

Thank you!
Sotomonte

Post by Sotomonte »

Well, here is another version of the mod.

This time I tried to do the same thing that I made with my mod of Case Blue: to put historical signs in some divisions. It was a little hard, because to put a different NATO counter in a division of a same type, I had to create a new model, so finally I decided make it only for some division: panzer divisions, motorized divisions, some national divisions, etc.:

I also decide to put national signs in the romanian and finish divisions:

And I also made some colour variation of the original little mod:

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0gfw9ctiv9z1q ... a.rar?dl=0

Un saludo.

Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

Magnifico, companero! Muchas gracias! Will spread the word!

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

Very good work !
I must restart a new game with your mod !

Sotomonte

Post by Sotomonte »

Hi.

I have made a little update to put their own counters to the mountain divisions and soviet paratroopers divisions.

Un saludo.
Remmes

Post by Remmes »

Looks nice, thanks for your sharing!
Kiowa

Post by Kiowa »

Thanks, Sotomonte, that's great.

For the pictures, can I edit some by just replacing the picture thanks to photoshop? Does it need any more editing, like text or something?

Thanks
Sotomonte

Post by Sotomonte »

Thanks [;)]

Yes, if all you want is to replace an existing image, you can simply replace the old image with the new one. You do not need editing anything more (try that the new image has the same size as the old one).

Un saludo.
Kiowa

Post by Kiowa »

Ok, So I have edited most of the cards pictures.
However I got a bug on most 2nd and 3rd ground unit cards where the background decides to show up a bit on top
Any clue on how to edit this issue? thanks :)

Here is an example: (I can t upload pictures on this forum yet, so if you mind copy and paste as a link and deleting the spaces)

imgur . com/a/e3OmQEE
Sotomonte

Post by Sotomonte »

Oh, I see that you are trying to modded DC: The Blitzkrieg... the problem with the graphics of that game is they are a little different than the rest of the serie, specifically the graphics of the MGs and anti-tanks rifles (they are superimposed in a weird way and doesn't keep the aspect ratio).

Un saludo.
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

The mod is what I'am lookin for, but now I don't know how to install it in the game [&:]
fiannon

Post by fiannon »

Hi , I have tried several times to load this mod . I unzip into the desicive campaign folder but nothing happens , Can anyone help please
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

Yeah thanks, this mod should be officialized, integered in the game, as it makes it more readable.
But, how to download it?? Okay: Right-click on the link, save the target
EDIT: But the file is damaged.
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

ORIGINAL: ErissN6

... this mod should be officialized, integered in the game,...
I totally agree with you! It's embarrassing, maybe even a shame, but in any case unforgivable, that the developer has worked here so superficial and sloppy. [:@]

This is not a "little mod", to me this is a essential mod!

Thank you Sotomonte [&o]
Sotomonte

Post by Sotomonte »

Hello.

Sorry for the absence but my shitty job is taking my time (and my health) and I have been away from the computer these last weeks.

To download the mod click the button "download" in the page of DropBox:

Sorry, the screen is in Spanish but I suppose that in English the button is in the same place

And to install the mod simply unzip the mod into the desicive campaign folder (is recommended make a buckup of the folder "graphics") and, to see the most of the modifications, when you want to star the game don't launch the Barbarossa campaing but click in LOAD SCENARIO and launch the scenario called "MODPlus2barbarossa.dc3"

Un saludo.
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

Ah, that's how it works.
It would never have occurred to me to start the campaign in the campaign folder.

A really great mod from you.
Thanks again

Now I just have to find someone who corrects the pseudo-German texts... [8|]

ORIGINAL: nikdav

Very good work !
I must restart a new game with your mod !
Me too, right now!
Sotomonte

Post by Sotomonte »

Hi.

Now that I have some free time, I have made a little update of the mod.

One of the things I didn't like of my mod was the look of the "medium" counters (when we make a zoom out) since the signs of the counters were very little visible.

I have tried put the signs in the form that they are as visible as possible.

Here some examples:

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

NEW MEDIUM COUNTERS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ajlvexecz949 ... b.rar?dl=0

If someone has started a new game with this mod, don't worry, this is a simple graphic update, so you can continue your game.

Un saludo.

Return to “Mods”