Graphic issues with main menu

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
Rainbow7

Graphic issues with main menu

Post by Rainbow7 »

I'm sure I've seen this in the forums before, but I can't find any threads at the moment.
Since first installation last year, the main menu has weird alignment and graphic issues, in that my mouse pointer usually needs to be offset from the actual button to press it (I know I'm in the right spot when the floating tool tip appears), and I can't see the tool tips along the bottom of the screen because the menu window hides them. If I minimize my game window and then maximize again, everything just displays incorrectly from that point onward.
Troubles overcome are good to tell. -Yiddish saying
Mordwand

RE: Graphic issues with main menu

Post by Mordwand »

I'm unable to help, am afraid, but I just wanted to post with exactly the same issue. The pointer/ button displacement thing also happens with me on options menus - when hovering over an option, the tooltip shows (or should I say showed - the tooltip seems to have disappeared completely now!) as referring to the one above. I did post on this many months ago, and hoped that it would be resolved in the brand new patch. Sadly not.

Wonderful that the 4.1 patch solves a myriad of under-the-hood issues, but the frontend UI, the user's gateway to the game for goodness sake, is still rather shabby.
Rainbow7

Post by Rainbow7 »

So, is this something the developer is looking into?
geozero

Post by geozero »

Yep it's been that way since release. No fixes yet.
JUST SAY NO... To Hideous Graphics.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

I think it has to do with all the different screen resolutions. I use 1024 x 1280 and often I must hit the bottom of a button to get it to work. It might help is you guys report what resolutions you are using.
geozero

Post by geozero »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

I think it has to do with all the different screen resolutions. I use 1024 x 1280 and often I must hit the bottom of a button to get it to work. It might help is you guys report what resolutions you are using.

For the record I have 1920x1080
JUST SAY NO... To Hideous Graphics.
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

What, no smarmy comments about Steam? [:D]
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
Rainbow7

Post by Rainbow7 »

Mine is set at 1366x768
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

My laptop is 1366x768 and it also has button alignment issues. The mouse pointer is hand shaped and turns from grey to colored when it is in the proper location which is never on the button. The minimize then maximize issue for the initial game screen (new game, load game, etc) happens on any computer I use at any resolution.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

Return to “Tech Support”