War attrition of Japan economy

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

DmitryZ

War attrition of Japan economy

Post by DmitryZ »

Could not find neither at manual, nor at forum threads: Japanese HI pool drops 500 K of HI points at July, 1943 and every 6 months after this date? Help, please!
Anachro

RE: War attrition of Japan economy

Post by Anachro »

HI usage is dependent on what you are doing as Japan. What is your economic situation? Training plans, a/c production, R&D, supply situation, etc..
"Now excuse me while I go polish my balls ..." - BBfanboy
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: DmitryZ

Could not find neither at manual, nor at forum threads: Japanese HI pool drops 500 K of HI points at July, 1943 and every 6 months after this date? Help, please!

Playing a mod?
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Get Tracker (if you don't have it) and post the industry chart.

DmitryZ

Post by DmitryZ »

Am I totally wrong? I thought, there is a rule in WITP AE about economic attrition of Japan which provides dropping of industry pool at mid 1943 and later. May be, confused something...
No, I'm playing scenario 2 as tutorial campaign with a new player and promissed him to write strategical review for Japan. Writing it now and need to be more accurate as I see:)
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

I thought, there are a rule in WITP AE about economic attrition of Japan which provides dropping of industry pool at mid 1943 and later.

Negative.

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

DmitryZ

Post by DmitryZ »

Thank you!
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Thank you!

I'd like to be of more help, but w/o more info I've no idea what to say. The only thing I can think of is if you get a huge, and I mean huge, influx of LCU reinforcements on that turn in that scenario. Even that would be a one time event.

I've never seen, nor heard of a 500k drop in HI in one turn.

Don't know what to tell ya.[&:]

DmitryZ

Post by DmitryZ »

That is not situation from current game, it is just false assumption about game rules. I was sure that after mid 1943 Japan loose 500 K of HI points every 6 months just becouse it is scripted by game engine and wanted to beware my opponent about it. It is good that I decide to check this information first at the manual and then here![:)]
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: rustysi

Thank you!

I'd like to be of more help, but w/o more info I've no idea what to say. The only thing I can think of is if you get a huge, and I mean huge, influx of LCU reinforcements on that turn in that scenario. Even that would be a one time event.

I've never seen, nor heard of a 500k drop in HI in one turn.

Don't know what to tell ya.[&:]
Pilot advancement fee - taken at the beginning of the month when the pilots advance, but AFAIK only once every three months since pilots are in the pipeline in three-month blocks. Assuming the training starts Jan 1st, July 1st would be the start of the third training level. That is my guess.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Pilot advancement fee - taken at the beginning of the month when the pilots advance, but AFAIK only once every three months since pilots are in the pipeline in three-month blocks. Assuming the training starts Jan 1st, July 1st would be the start of the third training level. That is my guess.

That's assessed each month, and is nowhere near 500k. Had he said 50k in scenario 2, I'd say maybe, because Japan gets many more pilots in that scenario, especially starting in '43.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”