4.1 graphics woes

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
rocketman71

4.1 graphics woes

Post by rocketman71 »

I had hopes that the new patch would fix the breaking up of the map underneath the panels while scrolling, but no :(
I have tried several settings for my graphics card. Doesn't matter the size of map. Also when I close down a scenario to return to the scenario picking menu, large chunks of the map is still visible in the background. Also counters break up while in transit. Performance is worse than TOAW III and this is on a good gaming laptop (Nvidia GTX 970M).
ralphtricky

RE: 4.1 graphics woes

Post by ralphtricky »

Have you done the normal things like making sure that you are running the latest drivers?

I can run it fine on my non-gaming laptop which has an MX150.

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

He is talking about the area around the windows where you grab to drag. It goes away once the window or map stops moving. Nothing is breaking up.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
rocketman71

Post by rocketman71 »

Well it looks like it breaks up for me. And if it is supposed to be like that, and no patch will fix it, that's just awful. Never seen anything like it in a hex based game. This annoys me a bit too much to enjoy the game. Guess I'll reinstall TOAW III instead.
rocketman71

Post by rocketman71 »

Yes, latest drivers and have fiddled with card settings too.
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

I guess if the area turned black or white when grabbed? It would still drag the black or white border until you released the window. So really no difference other than one of perception. But if that works for people...

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

rocketman71

Post by rocketman71 »

This is not when I move info panels, but when I scroll the map. If panels are meant to float over the map, then ideally the map would stay intact all the time. Like in Command Ops 2 for example. If that can't be done, then a fixed right hand panel with all buttons on a solid background, like in TOAW III, would be much more preferred as an option IMO.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Hit those buttons on the upper left to get the original UI instead of that floating foolishness.
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

ORIGINAL: rocketboy

This is not when I move info panels, but when I scroll the map. If panels are meant to float over the map, then ideally the map would stay intact all the time. Like in Command Ops 2 for example. If that can't be done, then a fixed right hand panel with all buttons on a solid background, like in TOAW III, would be much more preferred as an option IMO.

It is still the area you use to grab the window. Doesn't matter how it moves. [;)]

rocketman71

Post by rocketman71 »

Thanks! I looked in the menues and the option settings but found no alternatives. Well hidden option. It's better, but the top right unit info box is almost impossible to read.

Attachments
topright2.jpg
topright2.jpg (19.28 KiB) Viewed 180 times
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

I'll take a look at it when I get a chance. The buttons are definitely off.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

@Rocketboy - I made some changes to the graphics of that box myself. Let me know if you are interested and I will make them available to you.

Attachments
jpeg76.jpg
jpeg76.jpg (19.61 KiB) Viewed 179 times
rocketman71

Post by rocketman71 »

Yes, I'd like to try it. Thanks for making it.
Is it possible to remover the background graphics? To me they don't add much, only makes it more cluttered.
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

There's an option for High Contrast that turns off most of the backgrounds.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
---
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

@Rocketboy - Go here and see posts 3 & 4, 11 & 12.
tm.asp?m=4395821&mpage=1&key=�

If by the 'background graphics' you mean the little pictures in the center of this unit display, I would also like to get rid of them or move them to where they can be seen better. So far I don't think this is possible but I haven't spent much time looking into it.

And by the way, I often hit 'U' instead of looking up to the right. This brings up [and again closes] the Unit Report, which is for the most part a nice display of Unit Characteristics.

Return to “Tech Support”