Ships Withdrawal

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

adarbrauner

Ships Withdrawal

Post by adarbrauner »

Hello to all,

I've already asked this question, which pertains to the Allied side, but still stuck with it;
There are some (allied) ships which need withdrawal; one of them is already at an off map Panama port, but ship display isn't showing any option or button to withdraw
Bullwinkle58

RE: Ships Withdrawal

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

There is a time window where the button activates. I don't recall the exact number but it's somewhere between 30 and 60 days.

Also, disband the ship out of any TF, but don't begin any repairs.

Off-map, damage is not relevant.

Edit: also make sure it's completely unloaded.
The Moose
adarbrauner

Post by adarbrauner »

Unloaded Bullwinkle; that's the point; the ship in question still has some supply in cargo, maybe because of this...
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Edit: also make sure it's completely unloaded.
And if it is a carrier, you can choose whether or not to land the air group and keep using them, or let the planes go away for now. If you let the plane go, you might want to swap out the best pilots to the General pool and leave only newbies in the air group on the withdrawing CV.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: adarbrauner

Unloaded Bullwinkle; that's the point; the ship in question still has some supply in cargo, maybe because of this...

It might be an English language issue for you. "Unloaded" means of everything: troops, devices, planes-as-cargo, oil, fuel-as-cargo, resources, supply. All a withdrawing ship can have aboard is own-ship propulsion fuel, ammo, and, if a carrier, the air wing, and if float plane capable, those.

I'm sure unloading the supply will do the trick.
The Moose
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

The rules might have changed, but in past, you could only "withdraw" a ship at a port size 9...

If this rule HAS changed, the original poster should make sure he has updated his game with all the newer updates offered in the members area.

adarbrauner

Post by adarbrauner »

The game is updated, yes; but uncertainty regarding the appliable rule persists;

infact, cannot find any withdraw button for the ship in Cape Town (7 level port), Perth (level 5), and Balboa (l 3);

as I knew the rule, any of them should have been sufficient...
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Post a screenshot of the ship in question....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

The game is updated, yes; but uncertainty regarding the appliable rule persists;

infact, cannot find any withdraw button for the ship in Cape Town (7 level port), Perth (level 5), and Balboa (l 3);

as I knew the rule, any of them should have been sufficient...

This is the ship withdrawal code since the December 2009 official patch:

48. Gameplay Change: Allow ship withdrawals at any on map level-9 port and some smaller ports with no enemy nearby. Ships can always be withdrawn from any off- map port or from any TF that is currently off map. Ships that are not badly damaged can be withdrawn from some on-map ports or from TFs in certain on-map regions. For on map, ship may not be on fire, total damage may not exceed 99 and no individual damage type (system, floatation, engine) may exceed 50. Ships may not be withdrawn from any on-map location where the enemy has air superiority. The
intent is to prevent withdrawal as a method of saving a ship that stands a good chance of being lost or further damaged. On map withdrawal ports are set based on the historical exit locations for ships leaving the Pacific:

1. Any level 9 port.

2. National home ports of the United States, Canada, India, Australia, and New
Zealand (with no port level requirement)

3. Any level 7 or larger port on the US or Canadian West Coast.

4. Any level 7 or larger Indian port East of Ceylon (including Ceylon itself)

5. Any level 7 or larger port in South Eastern Australia, plus Perth.

6. Any level 7 or larger port in New Zealand.
The Moose
adarbrauner

Post by adarbrauner »

Yep this is what I knew as well; so where is the button for the withdrawal of the ships which are in ports off map (or at Perth)?!?
btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: btd64

Post a screenshot of the ship in question....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

There's no button for LCU withdrawals, they just go poof! Gone. You have to get the thing to an appropriate port then forget about it. No button needed. Are you looking for some extra political points because you withdrew early?

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

You get fined, charged VPs, if you don't get the ship to an appropriate withdrawal port. You do not get fined if you get the ship there and forget to push a button.

Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

There's no button for LCU withdrawals, they just go poof! Gone. You have to get the thing to an appropriate port then forget about it. No button needed. Are you looking for some extra political points because you withdrew early?

Nothing in this post applies to ships.
The Moose
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

You get fined, charged VPs, if you don't get the ship to an appropriate withdrawal port. You do not get fined if you get the ship there and forget to push a button.

This is not correct either. Until the ship is withdrawn--with the button--there will be a daily PP penalty every day it is late.
The Moose
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Yep this is what I knew as well; so where is the button for the withdrawal of the ships which are in ports off map (or at Perth)?!?

I don't know about the off map ports, but you mentioned above that Perth has only a Lvl 5 port. It needs to be Lvl 7 or larger.
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

This 2017 thread has the consolidated details for withdrawing ships.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4404294&mpage=1&key=withdrawal&#4404541

My detailed post in that thread outlines a couple of often overlooked situations which will prevent a ship withdrawal.  Also all bets are always off when someone is playing their own mod, which appears very likely to be the case here.

Alfred
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

As always, thanks for the detailed post, Alfred! I was pretty sure that ships needed to be disbanded in an eligible port to be able to withdraw, but don't have the game in front of me, so I didn't want to say anything that might be incorrect.
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”