1,000 Operations Points?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

HansBolter

1,000 Operations Points?

Post by HansBolter »

9 years in and still learning.
I thought ships and ports each had a 1,000 Operations point limit per turn...…..

Attachments
OpsPoints.jpg
OpsPoints.jpg (354.21 KiB) Viewed 54 times
Hans

Leandros

RE: 1,000 Operations Points?

Post by Leandros »

Interesting!

Fred
River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion - www.fredleander.com
Saving MacArthur - a book series on how The Philippines were saved - in 1942! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D3 ... rw_dp_labf
btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

I thought ships and ports each had a 1,000 Operations point limit per turn...…..

I've seen that before. After a large rearm and refuel....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

"Every TF has 1000 Operation Points in each 12 hour Resolution Phase. Thus, if a TF refuels and the display shows a ship has used 300 Operation Points, 30% of the 12 hours (300/1000) has been expended. This means the Task Forces speed in hexes will be reduced by 30% for the first 12 hour Resolution Phase resolved after exiting the Orders Phase. If a ship has any ammo replenished, it will use 1000 Operation Points."

Individual ships also? I would guess ...yes.

So, a AKE would show up to 2,000 Operational points used for a turn?

MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

Operations point limit.... Different for Ports...

"9.3.3.2 CARGO AND FUEL HANDLING This is the total amount of “over the pier” and “thru the pipe” load/unload that can be done in a port of that size. The cargo handling and fueling limits are Daily values, the others limits are constant."

"Once the daily cargo/fuel limits are reached, no more cargo handling/fueling can take place that day. Cargo limit can be increased by Naval Support (extra stevedoring) but not fuel limits."

inqistor

Post by inqistor »

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

"Every TF has 1000 Operation Points in each 12 hour Resolution Phase. Thus, if a TF refuels and the display shows a ship has used 300 Operation Points, 30% of the 12 hours (300/1000) has been expended. This means the Task Forces speed in hexes will be reduced by 30% for the first 12 hour Resolution Phase resolved after exiting the Orders Phase. If a ship has any ammo replenished, it will use 1000 Operation Points."

I doubt it. My guess is, if big gun is ready to replenish, it can cause AKE to use over 1000 OP, but no more replenishment will be available to make manually. Japanese BBs use 700-800 points after bombardment mission, but I see, that AKEs actually use less, than ship which they replenish. And definitely, rearming doesn't use always 1000 points. Actually, only Yamato, and CVs seem to use that much.
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

ORIGINAL: inqistor

I doubt it. My guess is, if big gun is ready to replenish, it can cause AKE to use over 1000 OP, but no more replenishment will be available to make manually. Japanese BBs use 700-800 points after bombardment mission, but I see, that AKEs actually use less, than ship which they replenish. And definitely, rearming doesn't use always 1000 points. Actually, only Yamato, and CVs seem to use that much.

If the AKE rearms multiple ships?

inqistor

Post by inqistor »

ORIGINAL: inqistor

If the AKE rearms multiple ships?
I can force it to use over 1000 points manually, but once it's over this, it will not rearm anything else. And it doesn't work per ship, because if I want to rearm two BBs, second will rearm only partially. Actually I've never seen AKE use over 1100 points, but Hans broke that record :)
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

I am thinking naval support is what boosts the amount over 1000 points per phase.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

I'll have to check the naval support level.

The support ships arrived in the port on the prior turn. They had been at Georgetown. I had just decided to move my support base closer for my runs on Singapore.

I disbanded the support TF. Manually replenished fisrt a BB TF and then a cruiser TF. The cruiser TF did not replenish fully.

Then I manually replenished the ships disbanded in the port and that's when the ops points used soared over 1,000.
Hans

Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

This is a bug resulting from the manual replenishment routine that you describe.

You can also force them over 1000 sometimes by using the "Load tender" button.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

This is a bug resulting from the manual replenishment routine that you describe.

You can also force them over 1000 sometimes by using the "Load tender" button.

Well ... it depends on what "bug" you have in mind.[:)]

Official Patch #2 introduced code change #46 which is relevant. In doing so it may, I emphasise may, have introduced a graphical glitch if certain activities are undertaken in certain orders. It is not necessarily a bug in terms of how the code deals with rearming/refuelling.

There is a 1000 OPS cap per each 12 hour Resolution Phase. Each activity uses up OPS and as OPS are expended there are subsequent "under the hood" consequences. The specific OPS expenditure is dependent on the particular activity and certain other factors. An activity can be started provided the total OPS cap has not yet been reached but a new activity cannot be started once the cap has been reached.

It is important to understand that rearming a TF even if it is comprised of a single ship, is not a single activity. That single ship may well have several different turrets, of different calibre guns, which require ammo replenishment. In that instance several activities are undertaken in the simple process of just rearming.

Alfred

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”