Submitted Scenarios

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

technikzauberer

RE: Submitted Scenarios

Post by technikzauberer »

Couldn't resist...Had to try my hand at adapting an ASL scenario.

Counterstrike at Dorogbush
North of Elnya, July 23, 1941:
The SS Das Reich Division, held up by heavy bomber attacks, had just halted its advance.
Within hours, Russians elements of the 143rd Rifle Division and 54th Tank Brigade had organized a counterattack.

Attachments
Counterstr..rogobush.zip
(28.06 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
KingHunter3059

RE: Submitted Scenarios - - Kasserine Pass

Post by KingHunter3059 »

Comments:

Coming from a Military Background, you will see the theme of 3's in my TO&E (Table of Organization and Equipment) for my scenarios. I do the traditional Organization, mostly 3 Squads to a Platoon, 3 Platoons to a Company, and so on. So that's why you may see 3 Tanks in a platoon. If I do deviate, it represents an understrength unit. So.. On to the Game.

This one was a bit easier than Arras, as I had a better selection of vehicles. It is factual, however I just did a play test, and the Americans (United States Army -USA) drew a draw! So it is possible that they can win. I hope you enjoy this one. Thanks!

Description:

The Battle of the Kasserine Pass was an attempt by General Erwin Rommel to defeat the newly arrived Americans, and capture territory. The original attack was conducted by the 33rd Reconnaissance Unit on 15 February, but this attack was repulsed. On the next morning (16 February), Rommel decided to commit units from the 10th Panzer and assault units from the Afrika Korps. This is that Battle.
This attack takes place early in the Morning.

Best Played as German against the AI, and with the LNL Terrain MOD as posted by rico21.
-
Units Human Players (AI player units may vary)
USA: Squads,MMG,MTR,AFV
Germany: Squads,LMG,MMG,MTR,AFV
-
Scenario Length: 9 Game Turns - LOS 10 Hexes
Attachments
KasserinePass1943.zip
(23.01 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
JT

"He who dares, wins!"
KingHunter3059

RE: Submitted Scenarios - The Battle of the bulge

Post by KingHunter3059 »

The Battle of the Bulge - Andler's Defense

Comments:

As I play tested this one, I found that the USA seemed to win with ease, and I even used my own unit effectiveness chart (In the 'Tips for the Scenario Designer' thread) for the Americans! So I hope you enjoy this one. Thanks!

Description:

On 16 December 1944 at 05:30, the Germans began the assault with a massive, 90-minute artillery barrage using 1,600 artillery pieces across a 130-kilometre front on the American and British troops facing the 6th Panzer Army.
This attack takes place early in the Morning.

Best Played as German against the AI, and with the LNL Winter MOD as posted by rico21.
-
USA: Squads,HMG,MTR,BAZ,ATG,AFV
Germany: Squads,LMG,MMG,HMG,PSK,MTR,AFV
-
Scenario Length: 10 Game Turns - LOS 10 Hexes
-
Attachments
BulgeAndler1944.zip
(23.62 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
JT

"He who dares, wins!"
Steely Glint

Post by Steely Glint »

In the first message of this topic "Harvest" is spelled "Harvets."
“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

ORIGINAL: Steely Glint

In the first message of this topic "Harvest" is spelled "Harvets."
Great catch. Thanks. [:)]
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
ArtReg250

Post by ArtReg250 »

Here is my first scenario, hope you like it.

Any feedback is welcome.

Greetings from Spain!

THE OLD CHAPEL

Date: December 27th, 1941

History: During the russian winter offensive of 1941 the 250 (Spanish "Blue" Division) hold the western bank of the Volkhov river
with isolated redoubts held by single platoons. Attacked by overwhelming numbers, the "Intermediate Position" located between Udarnik and Lobkowo,
held by 2nd Lt. Rubio Moscoso, was overrun by the russians and all his defenders were killed. As a posthumous humillation, the russians nailed the
spanish dead with bayonets and piolets to the frozen ground. When the spaniards counterattacked, they were determined to avenge such a brutal behaviour.
After retaking the Intermediate Position, Major García Rebull, commanding two companies of the 269 Infanterie Regiment, pushed forwards to retake
the last russian ground in the west bank of the Volkhov River, known as "The Old Chapel", a semi-rubbled church, garrisoned
by a russian battalion. The russians, mostly conscripts, were caught by surprise. Quarter was nor asked nor given,
and the battle was fought to the last man, most of the russians being killed by machine gun fire as they tried to reach the eastern
bank of the Volkhov river.

Units Human Players
Spaniards: Two companies of the 1st Battalion, Infantry Regiment 269, 250th Spanish "Blue" Division.
Russians: Elements of the 1002 Infantry Regiment.
Maps: 1x2 maps

Terrain: Rural, Woods, River. The grain hexes are the FROZEN Volkhov River. Treat them as open ground.

Visibility: 7 Hexes

Scenario Length: 6 Game Turns. Only Spaniards play last game turn.

Scenario Configuration Recomendations:
Difficulty - Hard
Fog of War - Enabled
Path Quality - High
If a SIDE loses all units, a Scenario/CG ends - Enabled.

Victory Objective: The side with the most Victory Points at the end is the winner. Both sides get VPs for owning VP Locations and for enemy units eliminated.

Scenario Designer: ArtReg250.
Attachments
Attachment.zip
(21.08 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
"Duro es el enemigo y duro es también el invierno ruso. Pero... ¡no importa! Más dura es aún mi raza (...)"

General de División Agustín Muñoz Grandes
UP844

Post by UP844 »

Congratulations for your first scenario! [&o]

I played it twice, taking both sides: with the Spanish, I got a Major Victory at the end of turn #4: I first neutralised the Russian LMGs, then the few 1st line squads and then surrounded the conscript squads and slaughtered them. The AI only fired 1 or 2 times.

With the Russians, there is no range advantage, so I set up all the 1st line squads and as many Conscripts as possible in the VP hexes and the rest of the conscripts in the trenches/shellholes outside the VP hexes, 1 squad per hex, to provide targets for the AI. They suffered terrible losses, but the stacks in the VP hexes remained almost intact and inflicted some losses to the moving AI units. I got a Minor Victory, with more VP for VP hexes than for casualties (in fact, this is one of the rare cases where my losses exceeded the AI's ones).

Thanks for sharing this nice scenario: I think I will make it the subject of an AAR (today I had no time to take notes and just played it for fun).

Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
ArtReg250

Post by ArtReg250 »

Many thanks for your feedback, UP844. Nice to see that the scenario is funny. In fact, I kept in mind how to make it more or less something similar to what happened in real life rather than play balanced. Even the map is a reasonable reproduction of the real terrain, taken from a russian 1/50.000 map used by the germans.

Coming soon, "The Halfway Position", the massacre of 2nd. Lt. Rubio Moscoso's platoon, hope you also like it![:)]
"Duro es el enemigo y duro es también el invierno ruso. Pero... ¡no importa! Más dura es aún mi raza (...)"

Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Hey ArtReg250, The Old Chapel was fun because I could place myself in either side and enjoy the victory. As the Spaniards, I relished the revenge and hunting every Russian down to the last man yet, as the Russian I was fighting for my life with my back against the river so I fought tenaciously until the victory of not surrendering the Chapel. I'd like to know your thoughts regarding the victory requirements. I was surprised to only get a Draw playing as the Russians and I kept control of every victory hex! Thanks for The Old Chapel.[:)]
ArtReg250

Post by ArtReg250 »

Hey Hailstone; many thanks for your feedback![;)]As this is my first scenario, maybe the victory conditions are not finely balanced. I´ll take a look to them, but of course feel free to modify VC if you feel they are unbalanced. I think that he main objective -fun- keeping in mind the historic events, has been achieved!

Actually working in other scenarios inspired in historic events of Spanish 250 "Blue Division". Hope you like them too!

ArtReg250

Post by ArtReg250 »

ArtReg250 - The Halfway Position

Date: December 27th, 1941

History: During the russian winter offensive of 1941 the 250 (Spanish "Blue" Division) hold the western bank of the Volkhov river
with isolated redoubts held by single platoons. One of these was the "Halfway Position", defended by Alférez (2nd Lt) Rubio Moscoso,
II/269 Infanterie Regiment with more or less 40 men.
Attacked by elements of soviet infantry regiments 1002 and 1004, the "Intermediate Position" located between Udarnik and Lobkowo,
hold desperately the position: "Impossible send to you reinforcements. Hold the ground as if you were nailed", was the HQ command.
Finally the spaniards were overrun and all the defenders were killed, not before leaving 200 russian casualties on the ground.
Ironically, as a posthumous humillation, the russians nailed the spanish dead with bayonets and piolets to the frozen ground.
Although the reinforcements arrived too late, the desperate resistance of Rubio Moscoso's platoon allowed the rest of the battalion
to counterattack and push back the russians.
In 1954 2nd Lt. Rubio Moscoso was posthumously awarded with the Cruz Laureada de San Fernando (St. Ferdinand's Laureated Cross),
the highest decoration of the Spanish Army. Only eight members of the Blue Division received it, most of them posthumously.

The Soviets attack in a 8:1 ratio, three successive waves. However, playing as spaniard, you have a reasonable chance to win ;)
The grain hexes are the FROZEN Volkhov river. Treat them as open ground.

Units Human Players

Spaniards: Platoon, 2nd Battalion, Infantry Regiment 269, 250th Spanish "Blue" Division.
Russians: Elements of the 1002/1004 Infantry Regiments.
Maps: 1x2 maps

Terrain: Steep Hills, Rural, Woods, River. The grain hexes are the FROZEN Volkhov River. Treat them as open ground.

Visibility: 7 Hexes

Scenario Length: 9 Game Turns.
Attachments
Desktop.zip
(22.66 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

UP844

Post by UP844 »

Looks like "Aliens": they come out of the walls! I have been wiped out to the last man on turn #6 [:(]

EDIT: I tried playing with the Russians, and the AI performed better than me [:@], losing the last unit (the B* ldr I suppose represents Lt. Moscoso) on turn #7. On the other hand, I inflicted far more lossed than the three Russian HS the AI managed to kill (even though that didn't help winning the scenario... [:(])
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
KingHunter3059

Post by KingHunter3059 »

The third battle of Monte Cassino - 19 March 1944

Hello,

This is a unique and interesting battle. In this I wanted to explore an assault against a difficult position. I have play tested this a lot, and found that the system will bog down, once you engage in the monastery. I tried to resolve this, to no avail. But the first turns seem to be quite exciting! Enjoy!
-
Size of Battle: Medium
Axis: German
Allies: Great Britain

Description:

This is the third and final battle of Monte Cassino. For this battle, it was decided to launch twin attacks from the north, and the south. Both were focused on the abbey (Monastery). The idea was to clear the path to route 6, and the valley beyond. This attack takes place in the Morning.

Best Played as British against the AI, and with the LNL Winter MOD
as posted by rico21.
-
Germany: Squads,LMG,MMG,MTR,PF,PSK,ATG,IG,AFV
Britian: Squads,LMG,PIAT,MTR,AFV,OBA
-
Designer Notes: For the British, treat the Daimlers as Cavalry-Reconnaissance,
finding and fixing the enemy!
-
Scenario Length: 10 Game Turns - LOS 9 Hexes
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner.
===
Update 1.01
===
Updated based on suggestions by UP844, et al. Thanks to everybody for your suggestions!
---
Attachments
T004 - Mon..sino1944.zip
(23.93 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
JT

"He who dares, wins!"
ArtReg250

Post by ArtReg250 »

ArtReg250

Hello all, another 250 Spanish "Blue" Division scenario.

This is a very big one (3 x 4 maps).The russians attack in more or less a 6:1 ratio in three waves, supported by heavy tanks. As spaniard, you have little chance to get more than a draw, you can consider a minor victory as a great success! Best and more fun played as spaniard. You depend highly in the rate of fire of your weapons.

Hope you enjoy it.

KRASNY BOR: THE RAILWAY EMBANKMENT

Date: February 10th, 1943

History: As part of Operation "Polar Star", the inner pincer of the soviet offensive to break Leningrad siege, the russians launched a major offensive against Spanish 250th "Blue" Division. The attack focused on the easternmost part of the spanish deployment, held by Colonel Sagrado´s Infantry Regiment 262. At 0640 hours of february 10th, 1943 began a two-hour barrage by 800 russian artillery pieces of all calibers and rocket launchers "Katyusha". The barrage nearly wiped out the spanish infrantry, but the survivors were determined to hold the ground and avoid the russians to take Krasny Bor, a big village in the center of the spanish front. The 1st and 3rd Companies of 1st Battalion, Infantry Regiment 262 were positioned in the six-meter high embankment of the Leningrad-Moscow ("October") railway. Both companies suffered tremendous losses due to the massive shelling and a later bomber attack. However, as human waves of russian infantry supported by heavy tanks began to arise over the top of russian trenches, MG fire opened from spanish trenches. Desperate calls were made by the 3rd Company for artillery support, but only a light howitzer was available to fire at the enemy. The russians were repelled twice by Captain Huidrobo´s 3rd Company, but the 1st at his north was overrun and the 3rd also collapsed. Huidrobo´s men fought to the last, the captain falling dead by a bullet in the neck. The few survivors withdrew fighting towards Krasny Bor, where the street fighting began.

Captain Manuel Ruiz de Huidrobo y Alzurena was awarded posthumously the highest decoration of the Spanish Army, the Cruz Laureada de San Fernando (St. Ferdinand´s Laureated Cross) on november 16th, 1945.

Units Human Players

German: elements of the 1st and 3rd Companies of 1st Battalion, Infantry Regiment 262, elements from 4th (heavy weapons Company),
13th (guns) and 14th (anti-tank) company.
Russian: elements of 708th and 65th Infantry Regiments, 43th Rifle Division. Elements from 31th Independent Tank Regiment.

Maps: 3X4 maps

Terrain: Rural, plain, steep railway embankment.

Visibility: 8 Hexes

Scenario Length: 10 Game Turns. Only the russians get the last turn.

Scenario Configuration Recomendations: Best played as spaniard.
Difficulty - MEDIUM
Fog of War - DISABLED (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
Path Quality - HIGH
Russian radioless AFV: DISABLED
If a SIDE loses all units, a Scenario/CG ends - Disabled.

Victory Objective: The side with the most Victory Points at the end is the winner. Spaniards get VP for eliminating russian units. Russians get VP
for eliminating spanish units AND for exiting units across marked hexes.

Scenario Designer: ArtReg250
Attachments
Desktop.zip
(29.5 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

slaphappypappy

Post by slaphappypappy »

Reinforcements labeled for turn three for the Germans did not happen.
What's with that?
KingHunter3059

Post by KingHunter3059 »

Which Scenario Slaphappypappy?
JT

"He who dares, wins!"
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

KRASNY BOR: THE RAILWAY EMBANKMENT: Only a few turns in, but nice scenario and plays very smoothly considering the number of units. I have to admit, compared to release-day, this game has come a long way and dev isn't done yet! Anyone who took advantage of the recent sale got a real bargain.
slaphappypappy

Post by slaphappypappy »

Krasny Bor.
ArtReg250

Post by ArtReg250 »

ORIGINAL: slaphappypappy

Reinforcements labeled for turn three for the Germans did not happen.
What's with that?

Hello Slaphappypappy, there are no reinforcements for the spanish side in this scenario. Historically, they were attacked by russian bombers after the artillery barrage and suffered heavy casualties.

ArtReg250

Post by ArtReg250 »

ORIGINAL: Rosseau

KRASNY BOR: THE RAILWAY EMBANKMENT: Only a few turns in, but nice scenario and plays very smoothly considering the number of units. I have to admit, compared to release-day, this game has come a long way and dev isn't done yet! Anyone who took advantage of the recent sale got a real bargain.

Thanks for your comment! Indeed I enjoy myself a lot searching info and developing and testing new scenarios!

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”