Issues with V 1.15

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
Sugar

Issues with V 1.15

Post by Sugar »

Allthough my opponent left the french position in Syria in his first turn and I therefore receive the massage of Mussolini`s enlightment, Italy`s leaning constantly stays at 74%. Don't no if France receives the according penalty.

Image[/img]

Next issue:

Image[/img]

All 3 ships were sunk in port by shore bombardement during the first turn of the attack. IIrc, the chance to land a hit as collateral damage is 10 or 20%, but iirc every single attack hit the ships; therefore it should have needed 30 ships (at a 20% chance, if every hit caused 5 points of damage).

What's even worse, during a battle at sea, any ship would have the chance to fight back, but obviously not during attacks on ports.
BillRunacre

RE: Issues with V 1.15

Post by BillRunacre »

Hi Sugar

There is a slight delay on the Allies abandoning their positions having any effect, simply to avoid penalizing someone who didn't realise it, i.e. to give them a chance to put that unit back!

But it shouldn't be long before the abandonment not only starts Italy moving, but French National Morale will start dropping, so your opponent is advised to either put that unit back, or replace it with a cheaper one if they can get one there fast enough.

I'm not so sure about the second one. Had the port been damaged during the first attacks or before to render its own strength nil?
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

If Italy joins the Axis the turn after Belgium falls, there was in fact no penalty or benefit at all, since this is the usual point of time anyway. I thought there should be some, considering the length of the italian coastal line, the few units, and the numbers of those NM-objectives.

In the 2. case the question is if it's WAD to lose 3 fully reinforced ships on 6 or 7 consecutive attacks in 3 different ports?

Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

What were the attacking ships and the defending ships in your example?

Aso can you confirm the % chance because it may increase depending on the level of Naval Weaponry level applied to the attacking unit.
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

ORIGINAL: Sugar

If Italy joins the Axis the turn after Belgium falls, there was in fact no penalty or benefit at all, since this is the usual point of time anyway. I thought there should be some, considering the length of the italian coastal line, the few units, and the numbers of those NM-objectives.

There will be an impact, in the sense that increased Italian mobilization will increase their income slightly before they enter the war, and additionally the National Morale penalty for leaving any locations empty will impact on French or British National Morale, depending on where is left empty.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

France fell early June, obviously the communist weren't banned by the Frenchmen, but there also were only 2 brit units there. I noticed several hits on morale by disaffection, but I can't tell about possible hits by leaving their med. positions. Noticeable may be that my opponent used all of his french med. units to occupy italian coastal towns and cities, leaving all his positions.

If there was any impact on italian income at all, I will report their income after my opponents next turn. As already mentioned, Italy joined the turn after Belgium joined, which is exactly the point when they usually join anyway (April 40 in this case).

Another 3 ships were sunk by shore bombardement this turn in port, a french destroyer achieved a hit on an italian sub also in port. Every single attack has been a hit. Few of the brit. ships are equipped with Navalry Weapon 1.

I don`t complain occasional hits, but afaik every single attack had caused a hit, with devastating outcome so far. There's a reason why few of my opponents used this strategy so far, in any case they tried they didn't prevail. That's the reason why I'm asking if there had been accidental changes.

Image[/img]

2 of those ships were sunk by carriers, that`s expectable of course.
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

I tried to figure out what happens:

Image[/img]

The percentage of a hit on the carrier in port is shown as 10% in case of NW 0 and 20% at NW 1. Every single of my 3 attacks hit during my first attempt.
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

Image[/img]

Italy's income didn't increase until Jan. 40.

Return to “Tech Support”