A new Strategic Command is arriving

Moderator: Hubert Cater

Daniele

A new Strategic Command is arriving

Post by Daniele »

The Strategic Command WWII franchise expands and this time the entire globe will be your battlefield!

In Strategic Command WWII: World at War, you’ll have the chance to test the ultimate limits of your strategic skills. Building up your War Machine and leading it into battle won’t be enough. Underestimating the benefits of a well-balanced alliance or forgetting to keep the production running will be the perfect recipe for disaster.

Fight all over the globe in a detailed top-down hex-based map by taking command of the Axis or the Allies, and discover what leadership truly means.

New features, new theatres, new units, and new Decision Events will help you to find your own path to victory!

Building on the success of Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe, Strategic Command WWII: World at War is taking the game series even further forwards!

Get more information about the game from its official product page!

[center]Image[/center]
DonCzirr

RE: A new Strategic Command is arriving

Post by DonCzirr »

Excellent.

2018 or 2019?
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
TheGreatRadish

Post by TheGreatRadish »

Brilliant, WW2 global was what I was hoping for at this stage.

Is the map at the same scale as War in Europe?
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

ORIGINAL: TheGreatRadish

Brilliant, WW2 global was what I was hoping for at this stage.

Is the map at the same scale as War in Europe?

+1
Richard
bbragnar

Post by bbragnar »

Ready for it.
It is better to be on the ground wishing to be in the air,
than in the air wishing to be on the ground.
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

Fantastic!! Exactly what I was hoping for! [&o]
Snake726

Post by Snake726 »

Right on, I was hoping this would happen (to take a look at the Pacific, without going back to the old Pacific-only game).
steevodeevo

Post by steevodeevo »

Cant wait - Strategic Command-WWII Global Conflict Gold is an Amazing game, this will just send it into the stratosphere with the same scale, global options but with SCII features and a few more refinements!.
Splatsch

Post by Splatsch »

It's an awesome news !! It will be hard to wait for this one, it will be soooo nice :D
Any estimated time/period of release ?
boudi

Post by boudi »

Where i give my money ?
Happycat

Post by Happycat »

Looking forward to seeing the first beta
Chance favours the prepared mind
James Taylor

Post by James Taylor »

I'm looking things over but not seeing any hint of new game mechanics. So, we're just talking about a new scenario on the world scale with perhaps some new units, like kamikazes', but not any innovative game features for this release, correct?
SeaMonkey
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

ORIGINAL: James Taylor

I'm looking things over but not seeing any hint of new game mechanics. So, we're just talking about a new scenario on the world scale with perhaps some new units, like kamikazes', but not any innovative game features for this release, correct?

A lot of these are just new to the previous Global Conflict game.

-----------------

New Features! From limited naval repairs to Kamikazes.

Take command of the Axis or Allies, and re-fight the whole of WWII!

Let the computer take control of some of your allies so you can concentrate on your favorite theaters.

Play on a top-down hex based map spanning the entire globe.

In addition to the Grand Campaign starting in 1939, Strategic Command WWII: World At War also includes shorter scenarios.

A realistic Fog of War simulates the historical atmosphere where you have to make decisions with only partial knowledge of your opponent's intentions and dispositions.

Play with a choice of 3-D unit graphics, or NATO countersif you prefer a more traditional wargaming experience

Research and upgrade your unitswith a unique level of choices! Infantry Weapons, Rockets, Anti-Submarine Warfare, Amphibious Warfare, and more!

Use Diplomacy to win over new allies and use your intelligence to undermine the enemy!

Contains a large number of strategic level Decision Events for you to choose your path to victory.

Very easy to use Editor to make your own “what-if” scenarios or create new maps and campaigns from scratch. Modders will be glad to know that this game can have 10 Major powers.

Very active modding community eager to share their developments with other players, whether it be changing the look of the map or designing new campaigns, even covering conflicts in other time periods, there is a lot there!
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

It's all good but we really need the WW1 game with the SC3 engine. But I'm prepared to wait few more years if necessary ;)
Lest we forget.
Happycat

Post by Happycat »

ORIGINAL: ivanov

It's all good but we really need the WW1 game with the SC3 engine. But I'm prepared to wait few more years if necessary ;)

:) I'm with you on the wish to see WW1 in the mix again, but less patient perhaps as I turn 69 in a couple of months LOL
Chance favours the prepared mind
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

ORIGINAL: Happycat

ORIGINAL: ivanov

:) I'm with you on the wish to see WW1 in the mix again, but less patient perhaps as I turn 69 in a couple of months LOL

Well, Hindenburg was 67 in 1914 when he smashed Russians at Tannenberg. Given that computer games are slightly less stressful than the real war, you're not too bad I think.
Lest we forget.
pjg100

Post by pjg100 »

Looks like the scale is about half that of SCWIE, i.e., fewer hexes for the same amount of terrain. Is that correct?
Asberdies

Post by Asberdies »

Great news :)
rtoolooze

Post by rtoolooze »

Wonderful news
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Do the ships represent fleets or single vessels? If the latter it seems weird that only one vessel can fit on that large of a sea area.
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

Return to “Strategic Command WWII: World at War”