Downloading/Installing New Scenarios

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
Gerry4321

Downloading/Installing New Scenarios

Post by Gerry4321 »

Hello:
It seems that scenarios go into the Maps folder - is that correct?
Is there a way to separate the downloaded scenarios from the originals? Is that what the Custom directory is for?
Thanks.
asl3d

RE: Downloading/Installing New Scenarios

Post by asl3d »

The original game scenarios (*.map) are installed in:
C:\Matrix Games\Lock n Load Heroes of Stalingrad\maps

However, the scenarios of Heroes and Leaders mod (*.map) are installed in:
C:\Matrix Games\Lock n Load Heroes of Stalingrad\Heroes and Leaders mod

When the Core of Heroes and Leaders mod has been downloaded there is a file "readme" that explains the installation process.

You can also go to the thread below (post #9), where there is an explanation about it:

tm.asp?m=4354865#
Semper fidelis
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Thanks.

1) I am still wondering what to do with downloaded scenarios (not your mod or any mod)? Do people just put them into C:\Matrix Games\Lock n Load Heroes of Stalingrad\maps? Or is there a way to put them in another folder to keep them separate from the original scenarios?

2) And now questions about mods:
a) does you mod work with a mod manager like jsgme? (Note:I have seen your directions so I can do that but I would prefer to be able to use a mod manager.)
b) you have done a great job explaining about your mod. In general, how does one know if a download is just a regular scenario or a scenario that requires special units and mapboards? Will the latter have more than just .map files.
asl3d

Post by asl3d »

I answer the questions:

1) I have installed, some time ago, the mods published by Maitrebongo, Laska2k8, and Usgrandprix. I just followed his instructions and they all worked. I do not know if there is another way to save the original scenarios in another folder and that the game locates them.

2.a) I do not work with a mod manager. You have to program it yourself.

2.b) When there is an update of the Core of Heroes and Leaders mod you have to download it from:

tm.asp?m=4354865#

When there is a new scenario you have to download it from:

tm.asp?m=4252327

Within Core of Heroes and Leaders mod there are some scenarios that have already been published previously. Currently you can find all the scenarios of the Carentan historical module as well as the first scenario of the historic Barrikady module.
When you download the scenarios you only have available those files that you need to play the scenarios.

Semper fidelis

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”