Amazon Matrix/Slitherine sale

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

rommel222

Amazon Matrix/Slitherine sale

Post by rommel222 »

Greetings to All,
I am reeling in disbelief at the amazingly low prices for boxed copies of several Matrixgames &
Slitherine games. If you have amazon prime this is superb and if not just order two or more titles to get free shipping.
Note that you can register your game at matrix as well.
See link:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?rh ... 1538746236
CommandoSolo

RE: Amazon Matrix/Slitherine sale

Post by CommandoSolo »

ugh, still waiting on a sale for War in the west and pacific AE. Those are some good deals though watch out for the used games, you might not be able to register them with Matrix.
I miss wild bill :(
rommel222

Post by rommel222 »

Greetings CommandoSolo,
In the matrix or slitherine store you can click on the game's get it at amazon button and you are taken to amazon.com page.
The titles on sale are listed as sold by matrix or slitherine and fulfilled by amazon so they are new copies w/unregistered serial numbers.
I have bought some in the past w/prime membership during unannounced sales like this an then registered the games w/no problems.

I have been burned twice buying from individuals on amazon who listed a matrix/slitherine title as new. But the individuals used the serial numbers to register the copy so I could not. Both titles install & run fine but I felt cheated due to false claim it was new as opposed to used.
So only buy from amazon if sold by matrix or slitherine.
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

I don't see any deals at all in the UK. I surmise it must be for colonials only.

[:D]
War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
Freyr Oakenshield

Post by Freyr Oakenshield »

ORIGINAL: IslandInland

I don't see any deals at all in the UK. I surmise it must be for colonials only.

[:D]

ditto
Mobeer

Post by Mobeer »

Here's an example:
http://www.matrixgames.com/store/product.asp?gid=372

This has a yellow "Get it on Amazon" link... that points Amazon UK page advertising a German language used copy of the game.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

To quote my fiance "20 bucks seems like a nice price, get it dear".

But, I'm in Canada, and their site is anything but clear.
Is this a physical purchase? Is there a download link option? (guessing not).
Is this an unopened, unregistered product?

Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

ORIGINAL: rommel222

Greetings CommandoSolo,
In the matrix or slitherine store you can click on the game's get it at amazon button and you are taken to amazon.com page.
The titles on sale are listed as sold by matrix or slitherine and fulfilled by amazon so they are new copies w/unregistered serial numbers.
I have bought some in the past w/prime membership during unannounced sales like this an then registered the games w/no problems.

I have been burned twice buying from individuals on amazon who listed a matrix/slitherine title as new. But the individuals used the serial numbers to register the copy so I could not. Both titles install & run fine but I felt cheated due to false claim it was new as opposed to used.
So only buy from amazon if sold by matrix or slitherine.

When using the buy it on amazon button here, I'm just being dumped on a Amazon page that gives the results for a search of tigers on the hunt and more or less a lot of tiger art. Am I doing anything wrong here?
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
Mobeer

Post by Mobeer »

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer
When using the buy it on amazon button here, I'm just being dumped on a Amazon page that gives the results for a search of tigers on the hunt and more or less a lot of tiger art. Am I doing anything wrong here?

It works for me, giving:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tigers-on-the- ... B01BYJP7DU

Guess it depends on which country you are in. I think the Amazon search page will be shown if your Amazon country site does not have the exact match.
rommel222

Post by rommel222 »

Greetings MrsWargamer,
That is correct page for Tigers on the Hunt. If you click on other sellers from amazon link at bottom it displays: fulfilled by amazon and seller Matrix Games. If you click on the blue Matrix Games you are taken to Matrix Games storefront at amazon.

You can click ask a question button to verify that boxed game is new and unregistered. You usually receive a speedy reply.
It appears that only amazon U.S. has the sales. Other alternative is to wait 6-7 weeks for the matrixgames holiday sale.

Earlier this year they ran a similar sale and I picked up boxed copies of Conflict of Heroes Awakening the Bear (had printed manual), Conflict of Heroes Storms of Steel (no printed manual) and Senkgoku Jidai Shadow of the Shogun (had printed manual). A year ago picked up Decisive Campaigns Barbarossa w/hardcover book/manual on sale. All were new w/unused serial numbers which I registered at Matrix members page.

I just checked and some games are already sold out!

Return to “General Discussion”