Win 10 Stable?

The King or the Parliament? Choose your side and take command of the Cavaliers armies or the Roundheads and the Covenanters.
jtalbot

Win 10 Stable?

Post by jtalbot »

I am looking at picking a few games from Matrix including this one but checking win 10 x64 issues.. I tried the links here and they all are not working in the tech area... So does this game run in win 10 unlike my copy of WITP:AE without workarounds?

Thanks in Advance.
jtalbot

RE: Win 10 Stable?

Post by jtalbot »

NM, found the issue with the tech forum. I could not read it as guest so I had to login.... But still game worth it? I love this period of history.
Symple

Post by Symple »

It is Windows 10 stable. The only thing you must do is run it as an administrator. This is true of many games which access files outside the game. Unlike WITP:AE which does require some modifications, English Civil War just necessitates an admin start, which I do on a right click to access the menu.
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

I run it in W10 without any issues.
A Sharif
Dorb

Post by Dorb »

I had problems with windows 10 admin rights and they were enabled. Never have ever had problems with games before running. Have not tried since latest patch I moved on.
I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
… Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

no issues on windows 10 64bit for me, latest version

Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release.170928-1534)
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
comodi

Post by comodi »

Yeah, stable on Windows 10. No problems at all
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)

and still no issues in windows[;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
xj900uk

Post by xj900uk »

I dread trying this game on WIndows 10 as ACW2 will not run on Win 10 for me even when playing as an Administrator - it just keeps on telling me that I do not have rights!
That's why I am keeping it on my old Win 7 PC as at least I know it runs fine on there, albeit slowly.
DEB

Post by DEB »

I had a similar problem when I tried to rename a hidden file ( after unhiding it ). Hidden files require a higher permissions level than that usually allotted to Administrators. To possibly fix your problem :-

Right click on the games exe and click on Properties. Select the Security tab and check the permissions available. Click on the lines for both your name and Administrators in the top box, to view the appropriate permissions. Both your name and the Administrators should show Full Control as checked in the bottom box. If not, click on Edit and ( in the new Window )"check" ( click on ) whichever Full Control boxes are not marked with a tick. A tick will appear in the box/es. Click on Apply and then OK to close the new Window and OK again on the old ( properties ) Window to finish.

If both your name and Administrators are already checked as Full Control, then you do indeed have a problem. Perchance the issue may then be the permissions available via your Video card...
DEB

Post by DEB »

Further to my last post - Is it possible that when you installed the game, you forgot to accept ( "Check" ) the Terms and Conditions applicable ?

That could be the problem here ( as an alternative to my last posts comments )...

If that's possible, then uninstall the game and reinstall it again ( and remember to "check" those "T&C's ). [;)]
OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

I haven't had any O/S related issues with any of the AGEOD games on Windows 10, both home (desktop) and pro (laptop). I did change the location of the installation to a
folder on my D drive on both machines. The folders have permissions that allow any authenticated user to read and write to them, allowing me to run the
game from a non-admin account.

The only issue I've ever had with any AGEOD game has been from the AGE engine itself. The engine will crash after a large number of turns. This can be avoided by
the simple expedient of saving often and occasionally getting out and reloading the game. Doing this, I've successfully completed numerous GC in CWII and other
of the larger AGEOD titles.
You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5

Return to “English Civil War”