larryfulkerson

FITE v.5.0

Post by larryfulkerson »

Devoncop and I are playing FITE v. 5.0 and somebody requested a copy of it so
I'm posting it here below.
Attachments
Fireinth..astv5.0.zip
(623.38 KiB) Downloaded 728 times
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
r6kunz

RE: FITE v.5.0

Post by r6kunz »

Larry, you're the greatest! On the Matrix payroll yet?
cheers
Avatar image was taken in hex 87,159 Vol 11 of
Vietnam Combat Operations by Stéphane MOUTIN LUYAT aka Boonierat.
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

thanks a lot LArry
The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)
CacheMonet

Post by CacheMonet »

GIGGITY!!!!! Thanks!
mike1984

Post by mike1984 »

So this is the original FITE scenario, just updated, right? No relation to FITE 2?
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: mike1984

So this is the original FITE scenario, just updated, right? No relation to FITE 2?
I believe that to be true. Ian ( devoncop ) and I are playing a game using it right now.
We're both having a blast.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
mike1984

Post by mike1984 »

Thanks. I ask bc I recently attempted (we stopped bc of the game update) FITE 2 and didn't like it as much as the original FITE.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Thanks. I ask bc I recently attempted (we stopped bc of the game update) FITE 2 and didn't like it as much as the original FITE.
I wasn't used to the FITE2 map and was constantly trying to find out where
my units were before I moved them because the map was so big it was almost
unwieldy.
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

FitE is hugely unbalanced in favor of the Soviets. Any doubts check out the ongoing AAR.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Trying to suss the difference between FITE2 and this v5.0, which to use? I have some Fite2 files in the default installation and saw this version?
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I am fighting two separate FITE2 games currently and I'm having a blast but I like FITE 5.0 too. I like both of them but for different reasons. FITE is unbalanced in favor of the Soviets I believe and I haven't been experiencing FITE2 long enough yet to determine the state of balance. I'm up to September of '41 and the Axis is still in push and shove mode. Let me get through the first winter because by then I'll know.
Last edited by larryfulkerson on Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Sounds good Larry
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

FITE is fairly popular. I wonder what the number is for D21

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (115.51 KiB) Viewed 1989 times
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Since D21 comes with the install...
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

I think that FitE 2.0 comes with the install but the more updated 5.0 is not included, it's slightly confusing, there are so many versions floating around and the ones that were/are supposedly converted for .21 are in fact not, they may have been converted prior to .20 but after I did my (fresh) install, none of the supposedly converted scenarios are converted.

This is noticeable by the fact that the Complexity and the Units both show 0.00 and 0/0 respectfully, which is incorrect with the default versions of scenarios included or when you then re-open and re-save the old scenarios. So its some kind of defect in pre .20 and pre .21 saves.

So perhaps if there is a .22 patch, that will include the corrected and more updated versions by default which show the correct complexity and units.
Pantera

Re: FITE v.5.0

Post by Pantera »

Trying to play it against AI :)
Tiberius K

Post by Tiberius K »

I agree with the assessment that it's unbalanced in favor of Soviets. Too high unit density leads to getting clogged up.
OTOH the cease fire in mud rules gives the Germans an advantage on defense. They can use that time to reform their lines each year.
Raver508

Post by Raver508 »

This was my experience too the last time I played FITE (quite a while ago now). Is there any consensus on how to 'rebalance' that? I've seen a few players offering their own simple modded versions of FITE, but it seemed to me that the soviet unit numbers was the real issue - not a quick fix.
loveman2

Post by loveman2 »

I tried Fite against the Ai and gave up seems to me that it was more playable using Toaw 3 rather than 4.

I do like Fite2 however when the winter comes the Russian player usually smashes the Germans to pieces, it’s a pity because it is a good scenario.
Cpl GAC

Post by Cpl GAC »

Loveman II - This; https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 5&t=387726

Russo-German War - recently updated, same scale map, Elmer on either side. Even an up to '43 ruleset.

You'll have to break your German infantry divisions down yourself if you want to move regiments, but it's all here; every region is an interlocking campaign season in 3.5 day turns.
If you're STILL making Panzer IIs after seeing your first T-34... you're probably going to lose.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”