AKV's for the Japanese(RHS)

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

m10bob

AKV's for the Japanese(RHS)

Post by m10bob »

Using the reference book I have been using for all the Japanese ships I have been finding remiss, especially in the RHS mod, I located a class of pre-war merchant ships which were acquired by the IJN prior to the war, and converted into AKV's.

I named the class after the first of them,..In the RHS slots, I used empty slot 1526, naming it Fujikawa Maru...On the ship slots, in THS I used open slots 10873-10881..In order they are Fujukawa Maru,Gushu Maru,Kamegawa Maru,Kanto Maru, Katsuragi Maru, Keiyu Maru, Komaki Maru, Lyon Maru, Mogamigawa Maru...

They displace 8730 tons, top speed 16 Kts, cruise speed 12 knots, endurance 9000, fuel 600, troop capacity 1200, cargo capacity 1639..I used bitmap 48 which was borrowed from another AKV class with similar pre war lineage.

They are all armed with 1662 guns, (1 front, 1 rear), with 2x 1622 front, 4x1622 left, 4x 1622 right, 2x1622 to the rear...
All are available 12/41 except the last, which comes in on October the second, 1942..
All arrive at location 252,(Tokyo) and are assigned to 016 HQ...

Ref Ian Allen's "Japanese Warships of WW2"

http://www.niehorster.org/014_japan/nav ... s/avt.html

LargeSlowTarget

RE: AKV's for the Japanese(RHS)

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

Those ships may be missing in official scenarios and many mods, but they are not AKVs in game terms.

In the game, AKVs carry fully assembled aircraft, although the planes have to be loaded/unloaded by crane at a pier.

IRL the Japanese "aircraft ferries" you mention carried disassembled and crated aircraft - plus spares and air personnel.

So they should not be classed as AKV in the game since it will give them a capacity in the game they did not possess IRL.
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Those ships may be missing in official scenarios and many mods, but they are not AKVs in game terms.

In the game, AKVs carry fully assembled aircraft, although the planes have to be loaded/unloaded by crane at a pier.

IRL the Japanese "aircraft ferries" you mention carried disassembled and crated aircraft - plus spares and air personnel.

So they should not be classed as AKV in the game since it will give them a capacity in the game they did not possess IRL.

You are right!...I will rename the class type...Just did not want to make them another AK, and was going for "types" less common..

Dili

Post by Dili »

I found that Japanese is missing more amphibious ships https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS-class_landing_ship
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

ORIGINAL: Dili

I found that Japanese is missing more amphibious ships https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS-class_landing_ship

They would be easy to make.

DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Looks like I have some more work ahead of me. Thanks guys (sarcastic voice) [:D]
LargeSlowTarget

DBB has them, ship class "Type SS LST" in slot 2009.
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

I believe RHS also has them, ship class slot 2051 but the troop capacity and a couple of other things do not match the info in my book, nor the link Dili provided.

RHS calls the class the IJA ES Type LST

Dili

Post by Dili »

Was this a late update? because when i played with it i don't remember that ship class.
LargeSlowTarget

Ah, you are right. Just to be sure I have re-downloaded the latest DBB version (DBB-C scen 29 v15) and to my surprise the slot 2009 is empty.

Before my post made yesterday, I did check my mod which is based on DBB, and when I saw the "Type SS LST" I assumed it came from the base DBB scenario - because I have absolute no recollection of having added that ship class! So, although my memory is failing, I can find consolation in the fact that I am 'better' than I think I am [:D].
Dili

Post by Dili »

Hehe [:D]
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

My ref book sez the troop capacity is actually 170 troops instead of 117, and the endurance is 3000 NM.
It also carried 4 tanks and a truck with those troops, or 5 tanks with the troops.
(Using the info from the RHS slot I mentioned above.)

miv792

Post by miv792 »

Sorry for my english

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”