Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development)

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

rjord2021

Star Wars (alpha 1.0)

Post by rjord2021 »

With 73 races in the mod I am adding each of their star systems to the mod.

Along with these systems I am also adding in all of the systems which are in the same sector.... therefore including neighboring systems.

That goes me around 700 systems but I need 1400 in total.

To get the remaining systems I am using the actual trade hyperlanes used in the Star Wars galaxy which is a series of hyperspace corridors used to travel from one side of the galaxy to the other. This will give me the 1400 systems I need which will all relate to the 73 races I have.

If the race is not in my mod then their planet, system and hyperlanes will not be there as well.....

If I did not create the map this way then I would have literally thousands of systems to choose from which would be chaotic .
rjord2021

Star Wars (alpha 1.0)

Post by rjord2021 »

Working on the section of the mod involving Grand Admiral Thrawn means adding the Chiss as a species you may encounter. Chiss space is being added to the mod which involves a bit of research as this is in the much unexplored region known as Unknown Regions.
rjord2021

Star Wars (alpha 1.0)

Post by rjord2021 »

Have added 1196 systems to the mod from the Star Wars universe.....
rjord2021

Star Wars (alpha 1.0)

Post by rjord2021 »

Creating a mod takes time.....

I have spent all day working on which systems will be in the mod.

I had already added systems related to the races in the mod.
For the rest of the systems I have picked up all systems in the :

- Core Worlds
- The Colonies
- The Inner Rim

This means that if anyone wants to use the largest galaxy map size of 1400 systems my mod now has 1421 systems.
rjord2021

Star Wars (alpha 1.0)

Post by rjord2021 »

Testing stage:

Here I am setting the default sizes for the ships for the Rebel Alliance. This mod will have many battles between X-Wing and Y-Wings but of course we will see many other ships such as the Rebel Y-Wing shown below.

Looking at the Y-Wing below the size will probably be reduced by another 25%.

Attachments
ywing.jpg
ywing.jpg (76.3 KiB) Viewed 200 times
rjord2021

Star Wars (alpha 1.0)

Post by rjord2021 »

The picture below shows the Rebel Alliance building their base on Polith 5.

The graphics used for the base will be used throughout the mod to help you work out which races are aligned to the Empire and which are aligned to the Rebel Alliance.

If you see a system is been attacked by the Empire and the planet has an allegiance to the rebels then you have the option to send your ships in to fight the Empire in that system.

Attachments
rebelbase.jpg
rebelbase.jpg (91.63 KiB) Viewed 200 times
rjord2021

Star Wars (alpha 1.0)

Post by rjord2021 »

Playing as the Rebel Alliance you will come across many worlds where the Empire has setup an Imperial presence on the planet as shown below.

When you see the stormtroopers on a planet near your system you will know that Imperial Star Destroyers may enter that system at any time to support the garrison.

With this picture in mind I may make changes to the Rebel base from the prior post. This change may be to add Rebel Alliance troops instead to systems sorting the Rebel Alliance.

Attachments
imperialbase.jpg
imperialbase.jpg (94.28 KiB) Viewed 200 times
rjord2021

Star Wars (alpha 1.0)

Post by rjord2021 »

This is still a work in progress and may be changed but the following picture shows worlds where the Rebel Alliance can gather support from other worlds in their fight against the Empire.

When you play the Empire and see the planet gives support to the rebels you will want to send star destroyers and troopers into that area.

Attachments
rebel base.jpg
rebel base.jpg (73.42 KiB) Viewed 200 times
rjord2021

Star Wars (alpha 1.0)

Post by rjord2021 »

The picture was changed for worlds who support the Rebel Alliance with Princess Leia showing the worlds open to becoming allies against the Empire.
Veloz

RE: Star Wars (alpha 1.0)

Post by Veloz »

jord1 if permited nice work¡
sicnt est pecunia Provis num; zeke
rjord2021

Star Wars (alpha 1.0)

Post by rjord2021 »

ORIGINAL: Veloz

jord1 if permited nice work¡

Thanks Veloz.... I am trying to make this mod a little diffrent in how it looks and how it is played.
The 2 main groups fighting each other are the Rebel Alliance and the Empire and both of these need to seek allegiance from other worlds to gather a strong military force.

The Empire is already strong but still needs to put Imperial stormtroopers on planets to make sure those planets do not follow the Rebellion.

One character I am workinf on at the moment is Darth Vader and how and when he appears in the mod.

With his use of the force his ship will be diffacult to destroy and I am working on how to make sure he is not killed during gameplay.
rjord2021

Star Wars (alpha 1.0)

Post by rjord2021 »

When testing the mod for example playing the Rebellion I like to have the Empire start as far away as possible. This is because they are more advanced, have hyperdrives and will be expanding almost straight away.

The Rebel Alliance is only just starting and they need to research hyperdrive, build their ships and send ambassadors out to surrounding systems in diplomatic ships to get more planets to ally with the Rebels.

Sometimes I start with the Empire location randomized..... this may lead to my finding imperial stormtroopers are stationed in a neighboring system early in the game play .... this means the Empire will find the Rebel base sooner than expected.

Please note that the download link on page 1 does not contain any updates to the mod I have been working on this year.

When the link for version 1.5 is added you will be able to try the new work.

rjord2021

Star Wars (alpha 1.0)

Post by rjord2021 »

I am gathering data together of all the planets that supported the Rebel Alliance during the period of Episode IV.
The Empire had overwhelming support by planets for fear of retaliation by Palpatine, but the Rebel Alliance had its supporters too.

With planets supporting the Rebels I am adding them in 2 categories:

1. Planets who definitely support the Rebels..... so far 45 planets
2. Planets who might support the Rebels fight against the Empire

The following are the planets so far in category one.

Abridon
Alderaan
Alzoc III
Arbra
Averam
Boz Pity
Brigia
Cantros 7
Chandrila
Chardaan
Chrellis
Dac
Dankayo
Dantooine
Delaya
Edan II
Fangol
Generis
Geonosis
Gerrard V
Golrath
Hoth
Isis
Kalaan
Kashyyyk
Krant
Kriselist
Laakteen Depot
Mygeeto
Nentan
Ord Pardron
Orion IV
Polmanar
Polus
Ralltiir
Rori
Rudrig
Silken Asteroids
Sullust
Talay
Tel III
Telos IV
Thila
Thyferra
Togoria
Tomark II
Utapau
Vergesso Asteroids
Virgillia 7
Yavin 4

You will notice that Geonosis is listed above.

This is because the Empire began running out of slaves building the first Death Star and Darth Vader went to Geonosis to round up the natives to use as slave labor. The Geonosians at this stage were supporting the Rebels who had a secret base on Geonosis one year prior to Episode IV.
rjord2021

Post by rjord2021 »

I just finished watching a Star Wars Rebels episode where Princess Leia Organa arrives on Lothal in season 2.

This episode was important as it occoured 3 years prior to the Battle of Yavin and is in the era that this mod occours.
Characters seen in Star Wars Rebels will appear in the mod and I am working on creating pictures of the characters for the mod.

Below is Zeb Orrelios who is a Lasat from the planet Lasan.

Attachments
ZebOrrelios.jpg
ZebOrrelios.jpg (107.79 KiB) Viewed 200 times
rjord2021

Star Wars (alpha 1.0)

Post by rjord2021 »

A quick note to let all know that I am still working on the mods for Star Wars and Star Trek.
The lack of updates has been down to not having good internet for last 3 weeks and my moving house.

At the moment I am putting together a new soundtrack for the Star Wars mod which gives the mod the look and feel of Episode IV - A New Hope.

I have removed the characters and races from The Force Awakens just to keep the mod in the Classic Star Wars era.

rjord2021

Star Wars (alpha 1.0)

Post by rjord2021 »

With the mods I am working on one minor problem I had was that I had too many characters.... ( example in the Rebel Alliance) but not enough pictures for each of those characters. For example, when you need a number of governors for Star Wars where exactly can you find so many different looking Governors in Star Wars uniform that do not look exactly like each other.

I have since learned a technique where I can do a face transplant from one person and seamlessly use that face to create a totally new character. This works best with humans races like the Empire and the Rebel Alliance but could possibly work to create more Wookies, Rodians, Hutts and so on.

What this means is that I can create a few hundred more characters for the mod who looks 100% realistic and you would never know they were completely generated from scratch.

What this means is that I could take General Hux from The Force Awakens and use his face to create a pirate in the Episode IV timeline..... perhaps he could be with the Crimson Empire.
rjord2021

Star Wars (alpha 1.0)

Post by rjord2021 »

The last 2 weeks were spent debugging an issue which appeared in the mod causing the game to crash.
Today I discovered where the bug was an the mod is back on track.

A major step was reached today where Vanilla game components have been removed from the Star Wars and Star Trek mods. This means I now have a template I can use to create new components and research for the 2 mods.

The picture below shows the components , yet to be named, for a weapons station.

Attachments
Component Project 1.jpg
Component Project 1.jpg (154.3 KiB) Viewed 200 times
rjord2021

Star Wars (alpha 1.0)

Post by rjord2021 »

During the time of Rogue One and Episode IV when it came time for the Rebel Alliance to face an Imperial-I Class Star Destroyer the Rebel Alliance ships were so heavily outgunned, that the entire fleet would have trouble taking down just two Star Destroyers.

Even a Rebel Alliance Nebulon-B Class Frigate was no match for a single Star Destroyer.

This mod will hopefully recreate the same issue the Rebels would have had when a Star Destroyer entered the system. Even in The Empire Strikes Back the Rebels used Ion Cannons to disable the Star Destroyers over Hoth and didnt actually destroy any of them.

The picture below was a test using a mature level civilization set at tech level 3.
As you can see there are only designs available for bases and stations..... there are no starships or fighters.

My next step is to bring in the X-Wings, the Tie Fighters, freighters, shuttles etc and then the Star Destroyers, Nebulon-B Frigates and The Death Star.

Costs and resources will also be tweaked so that a dozen ships can't be produced in 5 minutes.

Attachments
ReducedShips1.jpg
ReducedShips1.jpg (106.35 KiB) Viewed 200 times
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

rjord2021

Post by rjord2021 »

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

Your mod on display:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJaH3mHaZDA