COMMANDER: The Civil War..????

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

rico21

RE: COMMANDER: The Civil War..????

Post by rico21 »

I'm not fan of Commander...
I'm not fan of Civil War...
But I support the project.
We want Commander Civil war, Now!
operating

Post by operating »

Much to the shock and awe from Orm, I'm still on the Hunt for a IGOUGO style Civil War game. If others such as rico21, ect. and I are interested about Please chime in. Perhaps someday it may happen...[:)]
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

i'd love to see more in this time period, never really got into it and always stayed with WW1 and 2 or pre tech age and Rome etc, but as soon as i tested & played Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword, i got hooked, so do look forward to more of the same

For some reason I didnt like that game; preferred Forge of Freedom better. I like a strategic overlay to my tactical battles like the Total Wars do it only with a better ai. Plus, I like random battles vs pre-made ones we already know what happened.
operating

Post by operating »

Forge of Freedom/Matrix http://www.matrixgames.com/products/333 ... .1861-1865 released 2006.

It's close to what would interest me, especially having a handle on the big picture.. Unfortunately the game is a bit dated and uses WEGO, although the battles can be fought manually/turn based or auto-resolve.. If War Between the States had the manual battle feature, it would have been a hell of a lot better game IMHO..
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

As much as I hate RTS; Norbsoft's civil war engine comes to mind for a great tactical battle system if it had a strategic overlay like Forge of Freedom.

Can't believe Matrix/Slitherine hasn't capitalized on that already. But, they didn't capitalize on Spartan either with the Strategic overlay they promised in a title they never made Legion II.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

for me, what would or may work imo is this,

take the Field of Glory II game and engine, and developers, as without them it wouldn't work and just mod it to do a civil war game,

could be main battles and or some campaigns.

maps there, well editor plus random, terrains there all ready, just need units for both sides and it's sorted, wouldn't take 6 months to a year to get to beta, if nothing else on,

and again imo it would be a missive hit.

job done, i'm off for cake now[:D]

please send the % idea check to, hewholikescakes.co.uk[:D]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
operating

Post by operating »

Believe you were meaning to say: It would be a "massive" hit, instead of missive.

Personally, after taking a look at Fields of Glory II http://www.matrixgames.com/store/651/Field.of.Glory.II noticed it was done in tiles (instead of hexes) which to me takes away from movement (if anything it would be blocky), especially in a turn based battles. Otherwise, not a bad idea over-all should there be a grand campaign map that allows for naval campaigns and movement of armies, also supply, infrastructure and perhaps trade.

Try dropped eggs on Chesapeake crab-cakes, yummy..[:)]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

agreed, typo, i'm dyslexic so maybe not always spot them, and auto spell and correction i use doesn't work on the forum[:(]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

ORIGINAL: operating

Believe you were meaning to say: It would be a "massive" hit, instead of missive.

Personally, after taking a look at Fields of Glory II http://www.matrixgames.com/store/651/Field.of.Glory.II noticed it was done in tiles (instead of hexes) which to me takes away from movement (if anything it would be blocky), especially in a turn based battles. Otherwise, not a bad idea over-all should there be a grand campaign map that allows for naval campaigns and movement of armies, also supply, infrastructure and perhaps trade.

Try dropped eggs on Chesapeake crab-cakes, yummy..[:)]
Chesapeake crab-cakes

Code: Select all

http://www.chesapeakecrabcakes.com/

can't say i've tried them tbh
operating

Post by operating »

You ain't lived yet till you have had crab-cakes for breakfast... Add a little hollandaise sauce and lemon juice they're out of this world [;)]
operating

Post by operating »

Still in the hunt for a Commander The Civil War game... Any news out there on a hex based Civil War game in the works?
operating

Post by operating »

It's been over a year since first inquiring about a Commander Civil War game or anything similar to it. Not giving up hope that something may get developed...
operating

Post by operating »

Been off-line for several months until a few days ago, racked up a lot of hours playing a couple of games without the internet BS. Being gone did not quench my thirst for a new Commander game, can't help but think about how close the Commander The Great War came to being a gem of a game, however I do still think a Commander Civil War game would be a project worth fulfilling. Ian, I've haven't forgotten about you either...[;)]
operating

Post by operating »

Just killing some time waiting for any CW news
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

ORIGINAL: operating

Been off-line for several months until a few days ago, racked up a lot of hours playing a couple of games without the internet BS. Being gone did not quench my thirst for a new Commander game, can't help but think about how close the Commander The Great War came to being a gem of a game, however I do still think a Commander Civil War game would be a project worth fulfilling. Ian, I've haven't forgotten about you either...[;)]

Well, to me CTGW was a true Gem and I am playing it quite often - so any new release based on that system and near that time period (Civil War, Balkan's War, Crimea etc)

would have my support and money.

So +1 to your petition Operating.

Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
BiteNibbleChomp

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

Can't do anything about Commander, but I can offer you my mod for Strategic Command WWI:

tm.asp?m=4504986

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Strategic Command Designer
https://www.youtube.com/@bitenibblechomp
operating

Post by operating »

Yes, I have been checking out your mod thread for awhile, quite the project. The only thing is; I don't do mods..
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

mods are Gems, it gives us all something that at times is missing from a game, which can be added by a modder who alters a given game engine to do something that from the start it wasn't always meant to do, i love mods, it keeps a game fresh and make it again playable and can alter much more also.

at times once a number of hours are in, for me, it's the only thing i do with some games i own, play mods on them
operating

Post by operating »

To tell the truth; I have SCWWI and it's Expansion Breakthrough, played the heck out of the game, even enjoyed it, but the tiles really turned me off, however SC's latest works use hexagons which to me makes for smoother game play. Might add that the few times I tried mods did not really work out and personally I do not care for unpacking this and change that to claim a mod, then again I'm not the most savvy with computer skills.
KingHunter3059

Post by KingHunter3059 »

Interesting Topic - I would line to see a COMMANDER: The Civil War. I did play a lot of CEAW....
JT

"He who dares, wins!"

Return to “General Discussion”