Energy Spent

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Big B

Energy Spent

Post by Big B »

Just an observation, but in my team PBEM it is late June 1945. We have managed to get ashore in Hokkaido, cleared Burma, invaded Thailand, and smoked the better part of Japan's military and industry.
It's the last days of the End Game.

Looking forward to another game in the future, ...but I have to say - looking at starting all over on Dec 7...to where we are now at the end of the tunnel... it's almost mentally too daunting to consider starting another.

This is definitely THE Grognard game. What an investment.
rustysi

RE: Energy Spent

Post by rustysi »

looking at starting all over on Dec 7...to where we are now at the end of the tunnel... it's almost mentally too daunting to consider starting another.

And that's just turn one...[:D]
This is definitely THE Grognard game. What an investment.

Yeah, but tell us, we're all dying to know, wasn't it a great ride.[:)]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Brian, what scenario are you finishing? And how long ago did you start?....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Big B

Post by Big B »

ORIGINAL: rustysi
Yeah, but tell us, we're all dying to know, wasn't it a great ride.[:)]

Oh yeah - a Great ride!
ORIGINAL: btd64

Brian, what scenario are you finishing? And how long ago did you start?....GP

Started almost two years ago on the grand campaign Dec 7 to 1946 - (well, B-Mod).
It was a great experience because we (all of us) manged two sometimes three turns a day (with time off for vacations).
So we have gone from Dec '41 to late June 1945 in about 1 year and 9 months real time.
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

So we have gone from Dec '41 to late June 1945 in about 1 year and 9 months real time.

Wow!!![&o][&o][&o]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Ok Brian, start with a different mod. It will be different and fun....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
dasboot1960

Post by dasboot1960 »

That's damned impressive time. Might I ask how many days/turn? Also, how many players/doing what?
Down like a CLOWN!
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

I would love to hear your review on multiple player format. I’m not even clear on how you do it.
Big B

Post by Big B »

ORIGINAL: dasboot1960

That's damned impressive time. Might I ask how many days/turn? Also, how many players/doing what?
ORIGINAL: pontiouspilot

I would love to hear your review on multiple player format. I’m not even clear on how you do it.

Well, the war ended this morning in an auto victory, game date June 21, 1945, the event was the taking of Kushiro - that supplied the points needed. We had the bomb but didn't use it. It was game turn #1293.
It was a very taxing game, but very enjoyable.

The players were myself and kbad (my life long friend Karl) taking the Allies, and Munichman from across the pond as the Japanese.
Karl took the USA and Australia, New Zealand, & Canada. His theater of war was the Pacific.
I took Britain, India, China & the USSR. My theater of war was Asia and the Indian Ocean.
I took my supply from the off map sources derived from the UK, and he of course North America.
We split reinforcements by allowing them to serve under the theater they arrived on map, so I had significant US air units...which really helped win the air war overall, because Asia turned out to be the theater of attrition in our game - for ground and air warfare, with significant naval losses as well...while the Pacific was the theater of decision.

If one were to split Japan, a pretty straight up IJA/IJN & over seas expeditionary forces - would be the way to do it (historical).

After some time off, looking forward to another go [8D]

Brian
szmike

Post by szmike »

really impressive tempo [&o]
dasboot1960

Post by dasboot1960 »

Very impressive given 1-day turns. I'm sure my extremely patient wife would've left me.
Down like a CLOWN!

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”