"Continuing Chaos" - This is not an AAR

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

BBfanboy

RE: "Continuing Chaos" - This is not an AAR

Post by BBfanboy »

That little detail too! [:D]
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
dasboot1960

Post by dasboot1960 »

I believe the sub is eligible, well I did; because it allowed me to select the mission but then after I generated four of the SSXs I couldn't find the appropriate button. At least I appear to have been trying more or less correctly. Thank You!
Down like a CLOWN!
dasboot1960

Post by dasboot1960 »

and another thing! I musta have missed the memo saying the IJ convoy setup I lifted from... (Damien?)Would draw down their origin ports in early 1942 (only Port Arthur so far, but I'm also seeing that the recommended lifts out of SRA ports, (perhaps from Solli?) appear oversized for places like Miri, Balikpapan, Brunei, others. I guess this is statement more than question, and I will cut down on my (heavy) losses to impressive allied subs, (even US faulties), I'm just wondering. Is it then normal for R/F/O convoys for the homeland to be sitting around waiting for full loads?. I see many merchies idle after the amphib bonus runs out. Other noobie imperialists be aware!
Down like a CLOWN!
dasboot1960

Post by dasboot1960 »

For anyone looking... I went into scen 1 and checked. The mini sub carriers (SOME minisub carriers, the ones that start at PH) Are the I-16 Class (14k endurance)excuse me I just checked, Type C1 class. I don't see anything on the ship screen that denotes these as 'SSX Carries'. If anyone knows further, I'd sure love to have the info. Thanks again to all.
Down like a CLOWN!
dasboot1960

Post by dasboot1960 »

and another thing... I see the SSXs have a range of 4000 with an endurance of 84, a single phase movement of 5. I set up a task force, give a destination 5 hexes away, and voila it comes up 'red' as if there is not enough (range?, endurance?) I'm giving it a try anyway, but these little boats are intriguing me. I've read that the actual strategy for their use involved release near fleet actions on the high seas...My plan is to try and use them where I am having a consistent repot of 'CV' in a task force - in 1/42 - at Singapore.
Down like a CLOWN!
dasboot1960

Post by dasboot1960 »

and another thing! as I creep into 1942 and start to try and handle all available upgrades, I must ask. Is there some sort of 'master list' for IJ upgrades ? I mean specifically the dates which upgrades become available for each class of whatever ship?
Down like a CLOWN!
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Its been a while since I've tried it, as I've changed my method of use for the SSX's. IIRC the method to load the sub is to select the SSX first and if there's a 'mother boat' carrier present the option will be available. Try that.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

try and handle all available upgrades, I must ask. Is there some sort of 'master list' for IJ upgrades ?

Welcome to our nightmare.[:D] No list that I know of anywhere. There's a screen that will allow you to set all ship upgrade options to on. Once that's done there's another that you may view to see which ships are currently upgrade-able. Since I prefer to get them to a proper port before that date so that they may start their upgrade immediately, I don't bother with either.

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

dasboot1960

Post by dasboot1960 »

Thank you rustysi! I think I'm with you on the upgrades, some of those 1/42 destroyers have been pressed into ASW though, we'll see
Down like a CLOWN!
Veloz

Post by Veloz »

ORIGINAL: dasboot1960

and another thing! as I creep into 1942 and start to try and handle all available upgrades, I must ask. Is there some sort of 'master list' for IJ upgrades ? I mean specifically the dates which upgrades become available for each class of whatever ship?

orwar¡..excuse mua..chitose and his brohtrher...upgarde,, put zeckes,AKs to APs..do not dock at Tokyo
sicnt est pecunia Provis num; zeke
dasboot1960

Post by dasboot1960 »

Turns out - there is a master list of upgrade dates... kind of. Tracker identifies 'overdue upgrades' which, if checked at the first of the month is almost timely
Down like a CLOWN!
dasboot1960

Post by dasboot1960 »

And another thing... It just occurred to me as I'm transferring all these Heroes of the Empire to TRACOM. When is it enough? and when should I consider reactivating these guys? I'm assuming the answer to #2 is 'when you get killer planes', so really only #1 applies, I'm assuming that after 200 or more are transferred into TRACOM it might be OK to bring some back into action... anybody really thought about this?
Down like a CLOWN!
dasboot1960

Post by dasboot1960 »

Damn... the deeper I go, the more I love it.
Down like a CLOWN!
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

I don't use tracker, but....
transferring all these Heroes of the Empire to TRACOM. When is it enough?

I don't send every TRACOM pilot to the pool. I leave a certain amount in the field. That being said I would then keep sending all others to the pool, no matter how large it gets. At least until I have my late war aircraft, or there was a real need.

dasboot1960

Post by dasboot1960 »

Thanks rustysi, it is still only 1/42, so I've taken the approach to send all I can at least for awhile, I've got a lot of 79-80 guys, and lots of units training. I could use some more LR flying boat units... they are platinum.

and another thing! Really this is an advisory for others new to The Empire. Just because the message says '1 vp lost for inadequate garrison at XYZ' Doesn't mean there isn't damage also being done to the bases. MY GOD! I screwed up at Nanking, for about a week, with another week to fix the garrison... the place looks like it got firebombed!
Down like a CLOWN!
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: dasboot1960

Thanks rustysi, it is still only 1/42, so I've taken the approach to send all I can at least for awhile, I've got a lot of 79-80 guys, and lots of units training. I could use some more LR flying boat units... they are platinum.

and another thing! Really this is an advisory for others new to The Empire. Just because the message says '1 vp lost for inadequate garrison at XYZ' Doesn't mean there isn't damage also being done to the bases. MY GOD! I screwed up at Nanking, for about a week, with another week to fix the garrison... the place looks like it got firebombed!
One of my (few) complaints about the game - a single partisan attack during the night can wreck a Level 10 concrete runway!
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

I could use some more LR flying boat units... they are platinum.

Well ya ain't gonna get 'em. Welcome to the 'dark side'.[:D] Not many anyway, just another thing Japan could use more of...
MY GOD! I screwed up at Nanking, for about a week, with another week to fix the garrison... the place looks like it got firebombed!

Yeah, don't leave those sites ungarrisoned/under-garrisoned for long. I've gotten away with a point or two less for a while, but more than that is asking for trouble. Especially at bases where there's lots to destroy.
One of my (few) complaints about the game - a single partisan attack during the night can wreck a Level 10 concrete runway!

I feel your pain, but you know it is what it is, and that's on you. Maybe the Dev's intended it that way so you will in fact keep a proper garrison in place rather than ignoring it.[:)]

dasboot1960

Post by dasboot1960 »

I'd cut their heads off... but it's mine.
Down like a CLOWN!
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

It started out much worse, partisan attacks would also damage industry( oil, refineries, resources, etc. )
dasboot1960

Post by dasboot1960 »

ARGH!!! Friendly units engaged for some time now on the 'enemy' side of a river (I crossed into the hex). Somewhere I thought I read that once I was across, follow on units would not have to attack (and suffer those losses) to cross. Did I misread? This happened in Nanning, I had a regiment across and holding their own. I just brought up another regiment from Hanoi, but they lost 100 squads entering the hex, perhaps because I did this in movement mode? (I thought I had a 'rear' area in the contested hex, and thus could cross without penalty). I'm tooo sloppy, and it's starting to hurt!
Down like a CLOWN!

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”