Refit problem

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

daretti

Refit problem

Post by daretti »

There is a problem playing Russia. It gets a lot of infantry divisions that have 2,300 soldiers. I set the refit, but in spite of many turns nothing happens. I have manpower ...
Chris21wen

RE: Refit problem

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: daretti

There is a problem playing Russia. It gets a lot of infantry divisions that have 2,300 soldiers. I set the refit, but in spite of many turns nothing happens. I have manpower ...

Could be the TOE is set to low, could be your short of men. It's alwats best to post a pic so we can see.
Stelteck

Post by Stelteck »

Fresh units have by default a Max Table of equipment of 20%. You need to set them to 100% manually.

We all fell to this trap some times too.... [:D]
Brakes are for cowards !!
56ajax

Post by 56ajax »

Or you don't have enough armament points to produce the ground elements as specified in the TOE
Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne
mouse707

Post by mouse707 »

Currently playing as the russian, 2300 is approximately 20% of the 1941 soviet TOE for infantry divisions
thedoctorking

Post by thedoctorking »

Classic newbie problem with a troublesome interface. Go to the unit detail panel and set the TOE Max to something more reasonable.

I usually go into the Commander's Report at the beginning of each turn and set all the TOE's to catch any new guys. Filter by morale and/or experience and set your good units to 100% and all the turkeys to something lower depending on how much manpower you have.
daretti

Post by daretti »

I've been playing this game for 5 years and there have never been such miracles

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”