war in the east 2?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

CommandoSolo

war in the east 2?

Post by CommandoSolo »

I have seen in the forums that they are going to put out war in the east 2. I am trying to get a time frame. I really don't want to dump $100 and then around Christmas have to buy 2. I don't mind playing tigers on the hunt until then, love ASL starter kit.
I miss wild bill :(
Joel Billings

RE: war in the east 2?

Post by Joel Billings »

Not this year or even early next year. We are still in alpha, and are many months away from beta. Even once we get to beta, there will be a lot of balancing and testing to be done (we're doing a decent amount now thanks to some very helpful alpha testers, but will need more once at beta). There was a time when we were hoping to get it out in 2018, but that time passed a while ago and there's just too much left to be done.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Not this year or even early next year. We are still in alpha, and are many months away from beta. Even once we get to beta, there will be a lot of balancing and testing to be done (we're doing a decent amount now thanks to some very helpful alpha testers, but will need more once at beta). There was a time when we were hoping to get it out in 2018, but that time passed a while ago and there's just too much left to be done.

Thank you for the update Joel.
mouse707

Post by mouse707 »

Thanks, good luck, and we'll be very happy to play one day at WITE 2 [:)]
AlexSF

Post by AlexSF »

Thx for the honest answer, hopefully WITE2 will be more user friendly in terms of clicking and counter info. A revamped Air War would be great...but Im getting ahead of myself here!
"My centre is yielding. My right is retreating. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Maréchal Foch, 1914.
CommandoSolo

Post by CommandoSolo »

thanks, I will go with war in the east for now.
I miss wild bill :(
Blubel2

Post by Blubel2 »

Thanks for the update!
thedoctorking

Post by thedoctorking »

Welcome to our happy obsession, CommandoSolo!
xhoel

Post by xhoel »

Welcome CommandoSolo!
AAR WITW: Gotterdammerung 43-45
tm.asp?m=4490035
AAR WITE: A Clash of Titans 41-45
tm.asp?m=4488465
WitE 2 Tester and Test Coordinator
beldurax

Post by beldurax »

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Thanks for the update, Joel. For now, War In The East is pretty much at the top of my gaming list, and still has a lot of life left in it yet. Thanks for putting out such TOP-notch wargames ! [:D]
GamesaurusRex

Post by GamesaurusRex »

"Thanks for the update, Joel. For now, War In The East is pretty much at the top of my gaming list, and still has a lot of life left in it yet. Thanks for putting out such TOP-notch wargames ! [:D]"

SECONDED !

Inserts self into this thread so as not to miss an opportunity to once again underline, highlight, and otherwise applaud the spectacular efforts of Morvael, Denniss, and associates who should be recognized for their tremendous work in maintaining this game. Their efforts in debugging, rebuilding, and tweaking the code is directly responsible for the longevity of this game and it's continued appeal as a game sim. Futhermore, Matrix and Gary Grigsby and the copyright owners of this product are to be applauded for allowing and fostering this sort of support. So many other game publishers fail to do this and leave their customers in the lurch with bugged games... MATRIX IS NOT ONE OF THEM. BRAVO !!
"Real Life" is a game... THIS is war !
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

WITE-2 ?!?! Good news !!

Any idea of the main improvements over WITE-1 ? Can't really see where the game can be improved [&:][&:][&:] ;-)
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
EddyBear81

Post by EddyBear81 »

Just from War in the West (which is amazing in its own right as well) :
- Air War (really WiTW bring a brand new ballpark in this regards)
- Naval operations
- Logistics
- Weather simulation and forecast
- Victory point system
- Road system simulation
- Special forces and commando (sort of)
...along with a bunch of small scale improvements that are more than welcome (combat movement delay, air drops)

And then thinking outside the box :
- Better production management / control (who want hundreds of Tiger Is sitting in the depots)
- Dynamic VP system (so that you always have something to fight for... even if it's just "surrender to anyone but soviets")
- Polar areas warfare (and better mountain warfare management)
- Intelligence
- Electronic warfare

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”