odd prod planning screen

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

jjdenver

odd prod planning screen

Post by jjdenver »

I opened prod planning and noticed that CW convoys seem off. For example, there are 2 cp's in Azanian Sea and a chain of 2 or more running around africa so 2 resources should be going from India or Malaysia to England. However only 1 is going. I can right click on the Azanian Sea in "switch map" mode to see there is only 1 going through the sz....but when I show unused cp's none show up in Azanian Sea. Either an unused cp should show up (there are 2 there) or 2 res should show as flowing through that sz.

Then I noticed further oddity. CW is sending 2 oil to France but in the "Trade Sent" row near top of the screen there is 0 oil trade sent noted. Clearly just below in the detailed list of trade resources there are 2 oil going to France - why don't they show above?

And CW production points seems odd. CW has 9 oil and 21 res for 30 total, and is sending out 2 leaving 28. 6 total are shown as idle. 28 - 6 = 22. Why is CW showing 15 prod points if there are 22 res?

All the maths don't add up. :(

Can we note a bug here and get it patched?

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (300.26 KiB) Viewed 43 times
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
jjdenver

RE: odd prod planning screen

Post by jjdenver »

here is the save file
Attachments
prodplanningbug.zip
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Yes, this is a bug. I ran into a similar one a couple of days ago...
Peter
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

There are not enough convoys in the correct places to do what you want to do here.

===

The first problem is that you are sending two non-oil resources to China, when it only needs 1 to have all its factories at full capacity. The extra non-oil resource is confusing the program.

To start, the program takes the northernmost non-oil point to send to China. That is Coventry for the Commonwealth and a resource in France proper for France. You should set the French Indochina non-oil resource to go to Kunming. And then set the Malaya non-oil to go to China. The program won't send it to China (it will be marked as Idle), but at least you will have the Coventry non-oil to use in the UK.

Since it cannot find a valid destination for the second non-oil, the Malaya non-oil will be effectively 'lost'.

That deals with the trade agreements.

---

As for the rest of the Commonwealth resources/factories, you should go to the Route layout of the Production Planning form, select the Global insert map, and click on the Allied check box plus the Unused convoys check box. That is the screenshot on the right (attached). While there are unused convoys available crossing the Atlantic, there are any Idle resources in the Americas to send to England.

16 was the best I was able to make happen. You might be able to do better, but there is also the requirement to send oil to France that uses up convoys.

Attachments
MTLxxxxP..onwealth.jpg
MTLxxxxP..onwealth.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 43 times
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

I've been following this thread with great interest and now I'm extremely intrigued. So, if I understand the situation correctly, what Steve has achieved above is the best that one playing the cardboard and paper version of the game could achieve if they were to follow and enforce the rules precisely? Is that correct?
Ronnie

Return to “Tech Support”