weather in PBEM

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.
bfcj

weather in PBEM

Post by bfcj »

Do players normally disable random weather for PBEM or just let it ride? With the long turn periods during the non-summer months, it seems to me that weather can have an outsized effect on the outcome. I've observed where a couple of consecutive turns of rain force what could have been an early spring invasion of France to be postponed until summer . And in late winter, an early clear turn can doom a Russian player who is still trying to reform his ranks after the blitzkrieg. While it adds to realism, it makes luck a greater weight in the outcome, and makes me wonder how many of my wins and losses have might have were affected by it.
Dorky8

RE: weather in PBEM

Post by Dorky8 »

The weather seems and interesting variable in the game to me. It obviously had a big impact on the war. I do think Axis and Allies should have the same weather for their turns, that to me is the part that seems unrealistic. Panzer Corp for example each player has the same weather. I think.

I've played a bunch of games that different weather for the Axis/Allied turns has swung the game.

Return to “The War Room”