New PC and install

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Lourdesman

New PC and install

Post by Lourdesman »

Hi guys
I just built a new PC and reinstalling my games. Had WIF for awhile but never played.
So a few really novice questions regarding installation. So from the forum I see you install version 1.0 and then version 2.7.01. Is it fully win 10 compatible? I could not find on the compatibility list. And what is the best way to learn how to play?
Thanks for any help -Lou
paulderynck

RE: New PC and install

Post by paulderynck »

Install version 1 and then run Update. That will get you to the latest public release. However most of us are using public beta releases. To use the absolute latest public beta, download the latest hot patch from the stickee part of the main WiF forums - that only replaces the EXE but will not work if you haven't updated.

The game is loaded with Tutorials. There are a couple different choices right from the initial splash screen plus a folder of video tutorials.

Or read the Rules as Coded and other portions of the players manuals in the Manuals folder. If you are new to Wif, start with the Barbarosa scenario for land and air movement and combat; and then to learn the naval ins and outs, try the Guadalcanal scenario.
Paul
davidachamberlain

RE: New PC and install

Post by davidachamberlain »

No issues with Windows 10.

Dave

Return to “Tech Support”