German in MP: after France?

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

danimaning2

German in MP: after France?

Post by danimaning2 »

Hi all.

I am playing a MP in the 1939 campaign with the German side.
Its December of 1940 and France its over.
What can i do now?.
I know that i must go fast to East to Barbarossa, but its a better option?.
Russia its a big, big enemy for my German army (i know in other SCWW2 games), and maybe its a better option now.

Thnks to all
Hairog

RE: German in MP: after France?

Post by Hairog »

Historians have discussed this in length. Most caution against attacking Russia in 1941 or at all. Many say move on Gibraltar with or without the Spanish and the Suez Canal to make the Mediterranean an Axis lake. Do this by giving Rommel the extra support he needs.

Again many say to look to the South if you decide to go against the Bear. The mines and oil fields around the Black Sea were a major prize and would have crippled the Soviets with over 70% of their oil production lost. In this game however, I don't believe that is as crippling as it should be with major cities being the road to victory.

In reality I would suggest that the destruction of a nations infrastructure, oil production and it's armed forces are what wins modern wars. Dictators care little about the suffering of their people as witnessed by the destruction of Japan's and Germany's major cities without a hint of capitulation. It wasn't until they collectively lost their armies, air force and navies that they conceded defeat. The destruction of their fuel production facilities or their means of obtaining fuel is what led to their military's defeat.

Towards this end I am developing a mod that would emphasis these factors and puts you in the seat of the German or the Allies at this very critical juncture of Fall 1940. Such things as the capturing of the French Fleet for Axis use, being nice to the Ukrainians so they rebel against Stalin in even greater numbers, much more emphasis on oil production, much more emphasis on moral loss and gain for certain resource locations and or unit loss and much less emphasis on capturing cities.

Back to the point...you have to capture certain cities in order to win. That is the reality of the stock game scenarios. So eventually you have to get London, Moscow etc. in order to win. That means Sea Lion, Barbarossa and not Baku or Case Blue.Look at the list of victory condition cities and decide how big you want to go and how soon.
WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be
Robert24

RE: German in MP: after France?

Post by Robert24 »

Fake an invasion of UK to keep some UK units out of the Med.
Keep an eye on German land requirements near Warsaw to keep USSR enter percentage lowest possible.
Setup for an invasion of Yugoslavia and invade if there is pro-Allied coup.
Then: Take Malta, move most of your air into the med, take Greece, continue to build and research Italian Navy and Air, build German maritime air, evac Africa Korps to Italy, sink RN from Crete and Sicily.
Hold Italy and Greece and make it a fortress against any inspiring Churchill want-to-be. [:)]
Then deal with the USSR...[8|]

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”