Battle for Hispaniola - Red vs Blue 2018

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Whicker

Battle for Hispaniola - Red vs Blue 2018

Post by Whicker »

Had fun making this - my first scenario though I have been redoing it/fiddling with it for quite a while.

I am surprised how good the modern Russian stuff is - the PAK FA Su-57 is very tough - even against f22/35. Also surprised that Russian ASW usually kills the most modern US sub I have (that rocket fired torpedo is awesome), though I think that is my fault for going into an area that is a little too shallow. Still need to try that again but getting burned out playing my own scen over and over again.

There are a lot of cargo ops and land units, I think it is fun watching a big land battle.

Not sure about the scoring, it can get very lopsided if you are not careful, I have been loosing a lot of high value units.

I like the concept of what I did but I think the island I chose is a little too big, and that area has a lot of very shallow areas which have driven me a little nuts. I think I will work on a different location next, but the same idea.

Playable from Blue side only.
Fictional battle between Blue (US) and Red (mostly Russian) for control of the island of Hispaniola. All forces are more or less modern, with some of the best platforms on both sides. Proficiency is set to Veteran* for both sides.

Hispaniola is an old name for the Caribbean island that is home to Haiti and the Dominican Republic. None of the countries in this area are part of the scenario, this location is being used purely as it was a place where there could be a somewhat symmetrical layout for the bases on both sides, with an island/land area to fight over.

This scenario has heavy cargo operations, and a lot of ground units.

Your mission is to invade the island and take control of parts of it.

* This scenario contains variable weather featuring night and morning low clouds with a chance for heavy fog. If it is foggy then unit proficiency will drop on both sides.

- There are numerous Biological units to muddle up the ASW situation.

- Destroyed AC and Ships have a chance of leaving survivors. Picking up or losing a survivor affects the score. If it is foggy you will loose contact with survivors until the fog clears.

The LuaHistory log file logs all unit losses and damaged units, as well as the current score. I find this very handy especially when a large number of units come under attack at the same time as the normal log is too fast to see what all was lost/damaged. There is a great little program called SnakeTail (google it) that is a free log viewer utility that works great for this. The lua history log file can be found at **\Matrix Games\Command Wargame of the Year Edition\Logs (or similar) and is named LuaHistory_2018-XX-dd.txt - it will change as the current date changes.
Attachments
Battlefor..lue2018.zip
(681.33 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
morphin

RE: Battle for Hispaniola - Red vs Blue 2018

Post by morphin »

Great! Did you consider using satellites?

Andy
Whicker

RE: Battle for Hispaniola - Red vs Blue 2018

Post by Whicker »

and take the fun out of finding stuff??

I did consider some sort of U2/Satellite recon but I don't have any experience with either and liked the idea of needing to do recon the hard way. Globalhawks are pretty valuable. I lost one at a bad time and got slaughtered in the fog (and I mean actual fog).

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”