Aircraft questions

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

AFV

Aircraft questions

Post by AFV »

Regarding aircraft and some of the attributes they have- Armor, Durability, Maneuver, Reliability.
On Discord, Telemecus was able to tell me that the higher these numbers, the better- except for Reliability (thanks sir).
As far as I can tell, the manual does not go into exactly what these attributes cover. For example, I would assume the higher armor is, the more resistant the aircraft would be against larger caliber or more damaging weapons. It seems like Durability would be akin to hit points. And Reliability- say if its 5, does that mean there is a 5% chance the plane will become damaged due to non-combat (or something like that?)

I am not really interested in the exact formulas, but I just would like a better general idea to figure out what planes are really better than others. As an FYI, in Dinglir's last AAR he has a spreadsheet (be quiet pencil and paper people!) where he made estimations of different plane's offensive dogfighting value. tm.asp?m=4323091&mpage=1&key=
Some may find that interesting.

morvael

RE: Aircraft questions

Post by morvael »

The formulas are not easy to understand and determine how they work without doing all the probability math. That's why it's also hard to say what given parameters mean in general sense. I could dig some details for one parameter at a time, but it will use up resource I don't have [:(]

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”