Hot Patch Version 02 09 01 00

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Shannon V. OKeets

Hot Patch Version 02 09 01 00

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Attached is a zipped file that contains the new MWIF.exe: version 02.09.01.00. It also contains the release notes shown below.

If this version performs well over the next few days, we'll release it as a Public Beta (for NetPlay) next week.

===

Release Notes for Version 02.09.01.00
(changes since Hot Patch 02.09.00.04)

All Modes of Play

DOW
1. Fixed a problem with determining how many US Entry markers are drawn/removed when more than 1 major power declares war on an enemy major, or when 1 major power declares war on 2 enemy major powers. There are certain combinations of DOW’s by major powers on enemy major powers when one less US Entry Actions occur (e.g., when the Commonwealth and France both declare war on Germany at the start of Global War).

2. Added the information on what the die roll was for drawing US Entry markers when the number of markers depends on a die roll.

Air Operations
3. Several corrections to air-to-air combat for NetPlay (listed below) also fixed the same problems in Solitaire and Head-to-head play.

4. Fixed a problem with Vichy French air units not being able to fly air support for a naval combat unless a German air unit could also fly air support. Now the German player (or the Italian if Italy controls Vichy France) gets to fly the Vichy France air units in support.

5. Fixed a problem with returning Vichy France air units to base sometimes halting the game.

6. Modified the message about which units receive anti-aircraft fire so it displays the side (Axis or Allied) instead of a specific major power (since there can be air units from different major powers receiving the AA fire).

7. Removed a diagnostic message about carrier air units landing on their carriers.

Land Operations
8. Added a text message for all players identifying each unit by name when a Vichy French land unit defects.

Naval Operations
9. Fixed a problem with merging all convoys.

10. Eliminated a player being asked twice whether he wants to commit his subs.

Peace
11. Changed the disposition of governed areas (territories not part of a minor country or major power) which have previously been conquered, and whose original controlling major power is completely conquered. Previously, these would be converted to neutral minor countries if no major power had ‘influence’ in the governed area. Now the status of a conquered governed area is unchanged when its original controlling major power is completely conquered. The most common case for this is when Sardinia (originally owned by Italy) has previously been completely conquered by the US or Commonwealth and then Italy is completely conquered.

Other
12. Corrected the placement/alignment of a message panel on the Main form.

13. Reset the color settings for the game that had gotten modified in an earlier Hot Patch..

Head-to-Head Play

14. Fixed a problem with advancing from Phasing Naval Combat to Non-phasing Naval Combat.

15. Modified how Head-to-head saved games are named so they always start with “H2H - “. This makes them similar to NetPlay saved games that always begin with “NP - “. The primary purpose behind this change is so there are (potentially) 3 groups of autosaved games: those beginning with H2H, those beginning with NP, and those without a special prefix. By having 3 groups, it is less likely that players with accidently overwrite a game that was saved automatically.

NetPlay

16. Fixed a problem with continuing an air-to-air combat when there is only one air unit capable of taking the result of the first die roll (e.g., AC).

17. Added a check to avoid a fatal error if the list of units in a sea area is incorrect (and includes a unit that isn’t there). This only happens if the game was damaged somehow.

18. Fixed several problems with air-to-air-combat (e.g., advancing to the second round of an air-to-air combat, advancing to another air-to-air combat.). These were newly/recently introduced problems.

19. Fixed a problem that rarely occurs for air-to-air combat over land hexes where two different major powers conduct land missions (e.g., in ground support when Commonwealth and USSR attacking separate German hexes). Previously switching to the air-to-air combat for the second hex would halt the game (because a different major power was conducting the air mission.

20. Fixed a problem with applying anti-aircraft fire from the attacking side’s AA units (on the defending side’s bombers) in a ground support air mission.
Attachments
MWIF02090100.zip
(8.96 MiB) Downloaded 52 times
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
CanInf

RE: Hot Patch Version 02 09 01 00

Post by CanInf »

can't wait to try it!! I will have the unending joy of being able to lose faster!
davidachamberlain

Post by davidachamberlain »

Steve, I received an exception and the game would not advance for Rail Movements for Axis.

My attachment has the current autosave for Rail Movement (probably not very useful), the autosave for the Ground Strikes to recreate problem - just click on the green button to end the phase and you will see the exception (file also included in attachment).

Nothing really special about this.

Dave
Attachments
Exception ..ail Move.zip
(3.16 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

ORIGINAL: davidachamberlain

Steve, I received an exception and the game would not advance for Rail Movements for Axis.

My attachment has the current autosave for Rail Movement (probably not very useful), the autosave for the Ground Strikes to recreate problem - just click on the green button to end the phase and you will see the exception (file also included in attachment).

Dave
FYI. For grins, I tried advancing "Ground Srike - Done.GAM" using 2.9.0.4 and it worked. However, as you documented, I got the exception when I tried advancing that game turn to the rail phase using this new patch (i.e., 2.9.1).
Ronnie
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: rkr1958

ORIGINAL: davidachamberlain

Dave
FYI. For grins, I tried advancing "Ground Srike - Done.GAM" using 2.9.0.4 and it worked. However, as you documented, I got the exception when I tried advancing that game turn to the rail phase using this new patch (i.e., 2.9.1).
It has to do with changes I made to Allow Moves Through Sweden. I'll try to get a replacement Hot Patch out today.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “World in Flames”