Package images together as scenario attachments?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

SeaQueen

Package images together as scenario attachments?

Post by SeaQueen »

There's been a few scenarios I've gotten from the community packs which had images in the scenario briefings or scenario descriptions. I've also started including some in my own scenarios. Unlike images you might add to the map, though, you can't add them as scenario attachments so they can be packaged for distribution. I've also noticed that the HTML doesn't support relative paths, so it's difficult to point towards one's own attachment repository. Has there been any thought to how one might make it a little easier to include imagery in the briefings and descriptions? In some cases it might be purely formatting or looks (e.g. squadron insignia or what not). In other cases it might be useful to include images in the briefings (e.g. pictures with circles drawn around chemical weapons storage bunkers).

Not so much a technical issue, but just a thought on one small thing which could make Command a tiny bit better.

michaelm75au

RE: Package images together as scenario attachments?

Post by michaelm75au »

You should be able to package up a scenario with attachments. The attachment folder should be uploaded with the scenario.
When you run the scenario for the first time, it should move the files referenced in the attachment to the AttachmentRepo folder.
It should work for Steam Workshop but I actually haven't tried it.
Or am I missing what you are trying to do.
Michael
SeaQueen

Post by SeaQueen »

It's not that I can't package a scenario with attachments, it's that everything I'd like to include doesn't seem to be include-able as an attachment.
Whicker

Post by Whicker »

I just dropped a link to your avatar into the briefing and it worked - so maybe hosting external content on Github or the like could work? I may try that for the entire briefing as I would rather make changes on GH than in the game.

Would be a problem for anyone with out an internet connection. And probably not a great idea in the long run I suppose as someone could easily remove the repo and then you're sol. hmm. But could be nice while developing something.

What works as an attachment and what doesn't? sounds like images in a briefing don't work? I think I've seen lua code as an attachment?
SeaQueen

Post by SeaQueen »

You can add map overlays, video, .inst import files, and LUA scripts.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

I was looking at the possibility of including a generic 'image' attachment earlier. Has this been added to the 'Suggestion' thread?
Michael
SeaQueen

Post by SeaQueen »

I was looking at the possibility of including a generic 'image' attachment earlier. Has this been added to the 'Suggestion' thread?

It's also supporting relative addresses so that you can point to the attachment repository where the images would be stored. I don't know if that's possible or not. I know people don't like relative addresses as a security issue.

Return to “Tech Support”