Japanese CD unit on Wake Island

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

dave sindel

Japanese CD unit on Wake Island

Post by dave sindel »

I am not familiar with the Japanese OOB, but I think I recall hearing that there is a Japanese CD unit that gets stationed on Wake Island sometime in mid-42? Scenario 1 of a stock game. Can anyone confirm if and when this happens ?
Squamry

RE: Japanese CD unit on Wake Island

Post by Squamry »

Don't know the exact answer but it's worth executing the first turn as Japan and saving it so you can check the expected dates of opposition reinforcements.
Buckrock

Post by Buckrock »

If Wake is under Japanese control, the CD unit should appear at the start of April '42.
This was the only sig line I could think of.
dave sindel

Post by dave sindel »

ORIGINAL: Squamry

Don't know the exact answer but it's worth executing the first turn as Japan and saving it so you can check the expected dates of opposition reinforcements.

That's a good idea.
dave sindel

Post by dave sindel »

ORIGINAL: Buckrock

If Wake is under Japanese control, the CD unit should appear at the start of April '42.

Thanks
Dili

Post by Dili »

I found that takes much fun out of game. We already have naturaly too much historical knowledge.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: Dili

I found that takes much fun out of game. We already have naturaly too much historical knowledge.

+1

and also why I play with + or - 60 day variability on reinforcements.
Hans

Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Look under where they show future deployments, ships, etc. Should say where and when under there.
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

One of the top three CD gun units that is mobile for Japan, but very difficult to move the big 20cm guns. I have known some Japanese players to get it in position three times during the course of a game.

mind_messing

Post by mind_messing »

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

ORIGINAL: Dili

+1

and also why I play with + or - 60 day variability on reinforcements.

That causes crazy levels of disruption to the game and isn't worth it IMO. Two months is a long time for Hornet to be delayed, for example, and it can cause all sorts of problems with the Japanese OOB, especially around the '44 IJNAF reorg.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”