Destructable Terrain

3D version of Close Combat
Kilovski

Destructable Terrain

Post by Kilovski »

Just one more question. Will the game have destructable terrain ie mortor rounds leaving shell holes etc
GrdAdmiral

RE: Destructable Terrain

Post by GrdAdmiral »

Second!! Also.. will it be persistsnt like in a bridge to far or Russian Front? Nothing is more satisfying than being pushed back or cease fire to return to a previous map and see all the destruction and destroyed vehicles on the map.
CGGrognard

Post by CGGrognard »

If it's like previous versions, it will. Just played through a campaign of Panthers in the Fog and found that destroyed tanks and shell impacts on highly contested maps. But as I understand, TBF will use more of a Russian Front type mapping system, so I imagine, a highly contested area will retain the shell craters and wrecks from previous battles.
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu
GrdAdmiral

Post by GrdAdmiral »

Best news I’ve had today. And that makes me excited that the campaign is progressive. That adds more in depth strategy due to the actions on each level. I can’t wait to play!!
sepp3gd

Post by sepp3gd »

I really am pushing for the ability to create defense in depth for maps which are behind the front line. The ability to add trenches, AT obstacles, mines, barb-wire, bunkers, AT ditches. I would like to have gameplay following the Grand Campaign wherein the ability to fall back to prepared lines with defense in depth to consolidate forces and counterattack. Close Combat Wacht am Rhein presents some great opportunities for this sort of thing - not necessarily in the Historically Accurate 25 Day Grand Campaign - but with a scenario editor or some expansion it would be nice to play around with this. Frankly, it would be nice just to have a Close Combat focused on Operation Zitadelle entirely wherein you could engage in every single facet of the operation accordingly to each respective nation. A blank slate as it was then, placing the player in the command of the Wehrmacht and SS as responsible for putting together the entire attack from scratch, with full control to follow historical accuracy to the exact detail or completely change things entirely, a blank-slate. Conversely, as the Red Army to do the same, with the focus on preparing defensive lines and organizing a counter-attack.
GrdAdmiral

Post by GrdAdmiral »

What you outlined would be great!! Especially with TBF, it sounds reasonable. If you look at Tobrunk or Kasserine Pass. Both were defenses campaigns. In fact a large portion of the Afrika campaign was to fall back and hold defensive positions. If we can create our own checkpoints and map defenses, it would also add random elenents and replayability.
CSO_Talorgan

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

ORIGINAL: CGGrognard

TBF will use more of a Russian Front type mapping system

Does that mean that an MMCC III-type mechanism will become possible?

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”