Disbandment question.

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

FlyByKnight

Disbandment question.

Post by FlyByKnight »

How long does it take for the devices in a disbanded unit to appear in the pools (IE, disbanding Japanese units at Tokyo)?
ORIGINAL: Big B

The obvious question is - "Will each shell do at least 0ne Million Dollars worth of damage?" If not, someone needs to look at this again and rethink it.
GetAssista

RE: Disbandment question.

Post by GetAssista »

Disbanding sends LCU complement to the pools immediately.
For Japan there is no pools of devices, instead Armament and Vehicles pools are increased
FlyByKnight

Post by FlyByKnight »

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

For Japan there is no pools of devices, instead Armament and Vehicles pools are increased
If that's true, than does it mean...

A: One shouldn't look at the 'Industry/troops availability pool as an indicator of stockpiles?

B: Are the Japanese Armaments and Vehicles pools just ethereal stockpiles that can be used to replace any equipment, or will the game track the specific pieces of a disbanded infantry division, for example?

The obvious question is - "Will each shell do at least 0ne Million Dollars worth of damage?" If not, someone needs to look at this again and rethink it.
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

Read Manual 13.2.2.7 and 16.4
FlyByKnight

Post by FlyByKnight »

I see now. Thank you for the help.

FlyByKnight

Post by FlyByKnight »

I'll make use of this thread for one last production-related question: when a Naval or merchant shipyard has 'halted' production, is it because of lack of oil or HI points (when playing DBB mod, for clarity's sake)?

Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Not true...Japan has pools. Some devices are made when demanded, others have set monthly production like for example support, engineers, radar sets, mines, ohka.

And then there is usually a pool of obsolete units for quite a a long time.

Attachments
manila.jpg
manila.jpg (120.09 KiB) Viewed 109 times
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe
Not true...Japan has pools. Some devices are made when demanded, others have set monthly production like for example support, engineers, radar sets, mines, ohka.

And then there is usually a pool of obsolete units for quite a a long time.
Well, I tested it by disbanding IJ LCUs and observed an immediate increase in Armament and Vehicle pools and no change in squad/device pools in the intelligence screen. Sure there are mine pools that act fine. Other than that it does not look to me that what passes in game as Japanese pools is actually pools for Japan. Because those do not act like ones. They do record the statistics of production and usage of suqads and devices though so are not entirely useless
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

I'm pretty sure the location of disbandment has something to do with the time for devices to reach pools. Disbanding in a remote and distant island is likely to mean a lengthy delay before the devices are available to other units.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
I'm pretty sure the location of disbandment has something to do with the time for devices to reach pools. Disbanding in a remote and distant island is likely to mean a lengthy delay before the devices are available to other units.
You can only disband LCUs (non-gray restricted, non-withdrawing) at Tokyo (and Osaka?), Japan's native bases.
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
You can only disband LCUs (non-gray restricted, non-withdrawing) at Tokyo (and Osaka?), Japan's native bases.

+1, but he is an AFB and has a bunch of bases he can disband from.[:)]
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Well, I tested it by disbanding IJ LCUs and observed an immediate increase in Armament and Vehicle pools and no change in squad/device pools in the intelligence screen.

For support and engineers? That would really shock me.
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

Well, I tested it by disbanding IJ LCUs and observed an immediate increase in Armament and Vehicle pools and no change in squad/device pools in the intelligence screen.
Prepare to get shocked then heh. One can always test it easily as long as there are units in Tokyo, and in most games there is a whole lot of units there
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Prepare to get shocked then heh. One can always test it easily as long as there are units in Tokyo, and in most games there is a whole lot of units there

I am trying to figure out how you can take advantage of that as Japan, and can't unless HI starts running low at the end game, even then...
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

I am trying to figure out how you can take advantage of that as Japan, and can't unless HI starts running low at the end game, even then...
Do not load motorized support parts of island bound LCUs and store them fragments in Tokyo as cadre/vehicle points and safe from allied bombs [:D]

Return to “The War Room”