Cataphract88

RE: Oosterbeek -Now-

Post by Cataphract88 »

From Battle Academy to Tigers, there's no stopping Rico! [&o]
Richard
UP844

Post by UP844 »

Quite tough. I had some moments of despair when I saw German AFVs everywhere.

Big praise for the 75mm howitzer, that repulsed several German attacks.

The kill ratio has been unusually low (9:24.5 squads, i.e. 1:2.5).

The German stack highlighted in red could have advanced in the last Advance Segment to retake the adjacent VP hex (and throw me back to a Minor Victory), but for some reason the AI decided it should stand still and collect daisies (a strange core for SS troops [:D]).

Attachments
oosterbek_BR.jpg
oosterbek_BR.jpg (740 KiB) Viewed 648 times
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
UP844

Post by UP844 »

Playing on the German side is as difficult as smashing eggs with a hammer.

Attachments
oosterbek_GE.jpg
oosterbek_GE.jpg (832.02 KiB) Viewed 644 times

Siegfried Sassoon

rico21

Post by rico21 »

@ UP [:'(]
@ Richard
rico21

The Fall of Carentan

Post by rico21 »

The Fall of Carentan

On the evening of 11 June 501st and 506th PIR were committed to the battle and throughout the night the US paratroopers
watched as Carentan was subjected to near continual naval gun fire, artillery, mortar and tank destroyer bombardment. At 0200
hours on 12 June 506th attacked Hill 30 to south of the city and from there, at 0500 hours they assaulted the city. From the
northeast 327th Glider Infantry also drove into Carentan, with the two units meeting up at 0730. 501st PIR circled the city,
linking up with 506th PIR, closing the trap around German defenders. Remarkably, the German defenders seemed to offer little
resistance.
Unbeknownst to the Americans, von der Heydte had recognised the danger and before dark on 11 June had withdrawn from Carentan
and set up a new defensive line to the southwest of the city. This line held against the attacks by 501st and 506th PIR that
resumed on the afternoon of 12 June.
On 12 June the reinforcements that were meant to assist 6. Fallschirmjägerregiment in holding Carentan finally arrived, the
17. ‘Gotz von Berlichingen’ SS-Panzergrenadierdivision. Annoyed that Fallschirmjäger had given up the city, Brigadeführer
Ostendorff, the SS Commander, at first sought von der Heydte’s arrest for defeatism, but was eventually calmed down by his
superiors. The Jäger were now subordinated to the SS Division and on 13 June, together they launched a counter attack to regain
Carentan.
The attack, supported by assault guns from 17. SS-Panzerabteilung hit both 501st and 506th PIR at 0630 and drove them back
towards the city. II. Bataillon, 6. Fallschirmjägerregiment managed to get into Carentan and took up positions near the
railway station, however they were forced to retreat when 502nd PIR and a combat group made up of a battalion of tanks and a
battalion of armoured infantry from 2nd Armoured Division and supported by the 14th Armoured Field Artillery Battalion were
committed to the battle. By the early afternoon the initiative had swung back to the Americans and the attack was repulsed.
This was the last time German forces attempted to retake Carentan.

American German
101st Airborne Screaming Eagles --><-- 6. Fallschirmjägerregiment, 17. ‘Gotz von Berlichingen’ SS-Panzergrenadierdivision

Best played only American SIDE / with LOS: 8 Hexes / with RULE: AI Feature / with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: 10 Game Turns
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer : Battle Academy'Men [ The Fall of Carentan ]
Attachments
TheFallofCarentan.zip
(27.59 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
rico21

Biazza Ridge

Post by rico21 »

Biazza Ridge
July 10th and 11th, 1943, Sicily.
On the 10th of July 1943, after very a very difficult landing (caused by evasive action from enemy and friendly ground
anti-aircraft artillery by the troop-carrying pilots), the paratroops set up their defensive positions.
Soon they would meet with the anticipated German counter-attack: tanks from the Herman Goering Armored Division.
The fight at Biazza Ridge would be one of the fiercest and bloodiest battles of the invasion of Sicily. The battle to hold the
junction raged on for hours, with about 250 lightly armed paratroopers against a German armored column.
With the aid of artillery units and a newly developed tactic - waiting for the heavily armored German tanks to expose their
weak spots and then shoot them with bazooka's and canons- the Americans held the ridge and stopped enemy tanks from attacking
the 45th US Infantry Division landing on the beaches. A machinegun crew from Battery D of the 456 Parachute Field Artillery
Battalion shot down one German Messerschmidt ME-109 and damaged two others that were strafing and bombing the ridge.
Later, a battalion of the 45th Infantry Division, with the support of Sherman tanks and artillery, came up to the ridge with a
naval liaison officer who radioed the offshore destroyers and cruisers. The Navy responded by firing their battleship canons at
the German positions. At the end of the day a counterattack was ordered and although the paratroopers came under heavy enemy
artillery and mortar fire, the "All Americans" successfully overran the German positions.

American(82nd Airborne All American) --><-- German(Herman Goering Armored Column, Italian coastal infantry)

Best played only American SIDE / with LOS: 8 Hexes / with RULE: AI Script Feature / with MOD: Yours / etc.
Scenario Length: 10 Game Turns
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer : Battle Academy'Men [ Counter-Attack, Husky Campaign ]
Attachments
BiazzaRidge.zip
(27 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Paullus

RE: Biazza Ridge

Post by Paullus »

Wow that was post 666 in this thread Rico [:D]
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
Cataphract88

RE: Biazza Ridge

Post by Cataphract88 »

ORIGINAL: Paullus

Wow that was post 666 in this thread Rico [:D]

Richard
rico21

Baptism of Fire

Post by rico21 »

Baptism of Fire

July 24th, 1943, Sicily.
"Your recon units have been ambushed by enemies in the town. ",
"The rest of your column is in a poor position and in exposed terrain.",
"Redeploy, push back the defenders, and capture the town.",

On July 24, the Royal Regiment of Canada and the Trois-Rivières Tank Regiment storm the steep village of Nissoria, which
defends the entrance to Agira. They are hard pushed back...

Canadian(Royal Regiment of Canada and the Trois-Rivières Tank Regiment) -->[-- German(Herman Goering Elements)

Best played only Canadian SIDE / with LOS: 8 Hexes / with RULE: AI Script Feature / with MOD: Yours / etc.
Scenario Length: 6 Game Turns
Scenario designer : Battle Academy'Men [ Baptism of Fire, Husky Campaign ]
Attachments
BaptismofFire.zip
(21.43 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
UP844

RE: Baptism of Fire

Post by UP844 »

Sayonara, Reichsmarschall [:D] [:D] [:D]

For the big German feline lovers out there: one of the Tigers was immediately killed by a BAZ43 [X(], but the other took five 76mm, seven 75mm and three BAZ43 hits without suffering any damage before I finally managed to kill it with a massive CC (three Airborne squads, a B** and a B* leader).

Some remarks:
- the two German open-topped AFVs had absolutely no chances to harm the American troops. In fact, I didn't even bother to fire at them with AT weapons: I just STUNNED them and finished them later.
- the surviving Tiger, for some reason, never moved forward, even though both VP hexes where controlled by the Americans. The German infantry attacked alone, against the CE Shermans which slaughtered them (I love those .50 AAMGs) at 7- or 8-hex ranges while the infantry never fired back.
- why does an American D leader carry a radio around? There is no OBA [&:]

Attachments
Biazza_Ridge.jpg
Biazza_Ridge.jpg (736.23 KiB) Viewed 642 times

Siegfried Sassoon

rico21

Primosole Bridge

Post by rico21 »

Primosole Bridge

Operation Fustian, 13-16 July 1943.
The operation encounters multiple obstacles and strong opposition from the Axis forces. Many planes carrying paratroopers from
North Africa were shot down or damaged and had to turn around because of both friendly and hostile fire. As a result of the
pilots' avoidance maneuvers, the parachutists were dropped by being dispersed and only the equivalent of two troop companies
were dropped at the correct locations. Despite this, and the defense by the German and Italian forces, the British paratroopers
manage to seize the bridge. Resistant to all enemy counterattacks, they hold it until dark.
The relief force (50th Infantry Division) also has problems reaching the parachute brigade and is 1.6 km away when it stopped
for the night. Parachute Brigade Commander Gerald Lathbury abandons control of the bridge due to increasing casualties and lack
of logistics. The next day, British units join forces and the 9th Battalion, the Durham Light Infantry with the support of
armored vehicles attempt to retake the bridge. It was finally resumed only three days after the start of the operation, when
another battalion of the Durham Light Infantry led by the paratroopers established a bridgehead on the north bank of the river.

British(Paratroopers...) -->[-- German(Paratroopers...)

Best played on British SIDE / with LOS: 8 Hexes / with RULE: AI Script Feature / with MOD: Yours / etc.
Campaign Length: 16 Game Turns
Scenario designer : Battle Academy'Men [ Primosole Bridge, Husky Campaign ]
Attachments
PrimosoleBridge.zip
(26.85 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
UP844

RE: Primosole Bridge

Post by UP844 »

Thanks, Rico!!!

Siegfried Sassoon

CommandoSolo

Post by CommandoSolo »

when do the zips of all the scenarios, hasl and campaigns update? I see it was main was edited today. Do they include everything up to today? I just don't want to download 300 scenarios.
I miss wild bill :(
rico21

Post by rico21 »

The simplest is to download none.[:)]
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

ORIGINAL: rico21

Primosole Bridge

Operation Fustian, 13-16 July 1943.
The operation encounters multiple obstacles and strong opposition from the Axis forces. Many planes carrying paratroopers from
North Africa were shot down or damaged and had to turn around because of both friendly and hostile fire. As a result of the
pilots' avoidance maneuvers, the parachutists were dropped by being dispersed and only the equivalent of two troop companies
were dropped at the correct locations. Despite this, and the defense by the German and Italian forces, the British paratroopers
manage to seize the bridge. Resistant to all enemy counterattacks, they hold it until dark.
The relief force (50th Infantry Division) also has problems reaching the parachute brigade and is 1.6 km away when it stopped
for the night. Parachute Brigade Commander Gerald Lathbury abandons control of the bridge due to increasing casualties and lack
of logistics. The next day, British units join forces and the 9th Battalion, the Durham Light Infantry with the support of
armored vehicles attempt to retake the bridge. It was finally resumed only three days after the start of the operation, when
another battalion of the Durham Light Infantry led by the paratroopers established a bridgehead on the north bank of the river.

British(Paratroopers...) -->[-- German(Paratroopers...)

Best played on British SIDE / with LOS: 8 Hexes / with RULE: AI Script Feature / with MOD: Yours / etc.
Campaign Length: 16 Game Turns
Scenario designer : Battle Academy'Men [ Primosole Bridge, Husky Campaign ]

Rico, you crafty little devil!

One of my all time favorite scenarios from SL/ASL!

Going forward, this one could be a start to a multi-scenario campaign game. As I remember there was 4 or so smaller scenarios
in this one battle all linked together with special rules. I'll have to pull out my old scenario sheet (if I can find it) to confirm.

Actually now that I looked at it, you already kind of did that and condensed it into a mini-campaign game on the battle. Well Done!![:D]

Thanks again Rico for creating this scenario and sharing it with others!!

Big Ivan[;)]
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
UP844

Post by UP844 »

Just finished playing Primasole Bridge with the British.

I got a Major Victory (what else? [:D]), but I had to work pretty hard to get it. Nice scenario!!

Siegfried Sassoon

Paullus

Post by Paullus »

The zip files aren't updated that frequent unfortunately. While they contain many it is not all I'm afraid
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
UP844

Post by UP844 »

@Rico:

Primosole is one of the best scenario I played so far. I got a major with both sides, but I had to earn them the hard way.

[&o][&o][&o]

Siegfried Sassoon

KingHunter3059

RE: Submitted Scenarios

Post by KingHunter3059 »

Early War - The Battle of Arras (May 21 1940)

I wanted to post something different, like this early war scenario. I think the early war represents more maneuver and fluidity, not just firepower. So anyway, I hope you like it. Let me know what you think. It is my first one. Thanks!

Description:
This Battle took place on 21 May 1940. It was an Allied counter-attack against the flank of the German Army, near the town of Arras, in north-eastern France. As the German forces were pushing north under Rommel towards the channel coast, to trap the Allied forces that had advanced east into Belgium, the British counter-attacked at Arras. This was an Allied attempt to cut through the Germans and deny the German advance. The attack made early gains and some German units retreated, but the British were repulsed after an advance, and forced to withdraw after dark. This attack takes place late in the afternoon, near dusk.

Scenario Length: 9 Game Turns - LOS 7 Hexes
Scenario designer: JT Thomas
Attachments
Arras1940.zip
(21.64 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
JT

"He who dares, wins!"
UP844

RE: Submitted Scenarios

Post by UP844 »

Thanks, JThomas!!! [&o]

Siegfried Sassoon