Japanese Unit revovery

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Cavalry Corp

Japanese Unit revovery

Post by Cavalry Corp »

Questions please

I have asked my opponents and they have been helpful but I'm looking for some general clarification

Should you always turn off all Japanese units from replacements and upgrades except the ones you want to have it. Typically I've left it Y/Y.

Having just received some very bloodied noses I just want to check a few things.

The units should be in rest and at a big base but what else influences the receipt of replacements. Should I be stockpiling replacements trying to get them into the right units?

What other settings should the units have is there any other requirements?

Do units gain more combat experience even when they lose battles. Do combat units gain experience when they do bombardments..

How do the disrupted /disabled squads recover I never see them change very much no matter what I do. Can they recover in the same hex as enemy units.

Is there a thread I can find all this out from. Or can I receive some general answers here.

Many thanks
Yaab

RE: Japanese Unit revovery

Post by Yaab »

ORIGINAL: cavalry
Do units gain more combat experience even when they lose battles. Do combat units gain experience when they do bombardments..

Yes, they gain exp when they are being bombarded. Also your enemy gains exp when you bombard his units. It works up to some exp level. Bombing is then, well, beneficial.
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

You can do much worse than pay careful attention to Alfred's excellent posts on almost any subject.

Rather than type a response, I used search, per your request.

"disablement"

author: Alfred

tm.asp?m=4376273&mpage=1&key=&%2365533;
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

Thanks.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

As for Japs, fastest rate of replacements can be achieved by placing your LCUs in Tokyo. The manual doesn't give the formula, but it seems that the development level of the base ( port+airfield) plays the role in maximum number of replacements sent to units in a turn. As the Allies, even with good supply, Chunking couldn't beat San Francisco in my tests. IIRC, San Fran could give a total of 20-22 squads per turn, while Chungking gave 13 squads per turn.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Not only base you are in, but neighboring bases and sizes matter. There is a line in the manual somewhere about. So, SF is really good with 3 large bases surrounding it. Tokyo is not bad with a couple. Osaka/Kobe can be good ….
Pax
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

OK and thanks - another idea does it help to build up the pool by disbanding units?
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

It can, you do have to have enough devices for replacement, but once you have enough I'm not aware that more matters. Also, as Japan, some devices are built on demand, others at a set rate per month. The former would not benefit much from disbanding units.
Pax
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

ok and thanks this is some of the game I have not considered despite playing for some time.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”